Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Good blogs/sites about movies?

Got any recommended URLs? I'm just looking for a site that covers news on upcoming movies and maybe does some reviews, but without any of that stuck-up "I'm a film critic" attitude OR the kind of retardedness you generally find on Aintitcool. Does anyone know?

www.chud.com - a decent site, but their format is weird - the feature on their index page isn't always the newest one so you have to always check the sidebar for updates

www.darkhorizons.com - i used to read this site regularly but they redesigned and it got annoying

www.comingsoon.net - people swear by this site but I can't get into it

and erm of course the news page on www.rottentomatoes.com is occasionally interesting, as well as the rest of the site if you're into that.

www.defamer.com is a frequently entertaining movie/hollywood blog but it's not very upcoming movie news centric

I registered only ten minutes ago so it's quite possible I'm mistaken you for some other user, but if you really are Dutch you might want to visit MovieMeter.nl. I'm not sure whether this is what you're looking for: it's quite similar to IMDb, but the community is great. I spent some time to get to know the regular users, and thanks to their votes and reviews I've seen films I wouldn't have heard of otherwise.

e) I like these reviews as well: http://www.moviemartyr.com

I registered only ten minutes ago so it's quite possible I'm mistaken you for some other user, but if you really are Dutch you might want to visit MovieMeter.nl. I'm not sure whether this is what you're looking for: it's quite similar to IMDb, but the community is great. I spent some time to get to know the regular users, and thanks to their votes and reviews I've seen films I wouldn't have heard of otherwise.

e) I like these reviews as well: http://www.moviemartyr.com

Oh, he's Dutch all right :)

I am indeed Dutch. (What gave it away?!?) Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Whoah I really like how you can add films to your personal page by clicking a JavaScript/DHTML thingie that doesn't refresh the page. I might actually use that site now, thanks. :) (Jake: we should steal this for Idle Thumbs).

Whoah I really like how you can add films to your personal page by clicking a JavaScript/DHTML thingie that doesn't refresh the page. I might actually use that site now, thanks. :) (Jake: we should steal this for Idle Thumbs).

I'm already looking into ajax :)