Sign in to follow this  
Jaero

Dig up your shit!

I'm at my mother's house, getting the last of all my old stuff, and when digging through an old chest, I found some old games. You guys should do the same - it's amazing the shit you'll find.

Return to Krondor

Diablo

Tomb Raider 1 & 2

Age of Empires (and Rise of Rome expansion)

Star Wars Force Commander

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Jet Fighter III

...Beast Wars! :deranged:

Ewww.

Wow, it's like... some kind of Throwback™.

Subtlety, thy name is Marek. Mind you, you did manage to restrain yourself from linking to the article itself ;)...

When I was going through my collection in order to post it all on my IGN users page, I discovered an old copy of William Shatner's TekWar game that my Uncle had given me with a few other worthless games about ten years ago. :shifty:

The other day, some jackass kids came into our store and saw our display of N64 games (we also carry NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Gear, GameBoy, etc.) and said "Whoa, they still carry these old-fashioned games! Ha, ha! Those are so old!" and the other kid goes "Yeah, those are probably like from before when we were born! Ha ha ha!" and they had this really snide and horrible tone and I wanted to punch them in the faces.

The other day, some jackass kids came into our store and saw our display of N64 games (we also carry NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Gear, GameBoy, etc.) and said "Whoa, they still carry these old-fashioned games! Ha, ha! Those are so old!" and the other kid goes "Yeah, those are probably like from before when we were born! Ha ha ha!" and they had this really snide and horrible tone and I wanted to punch them in the faces.

Well, did you? No one here would hold it against you.

Edit: Oh yeah, I decided to see if I had anything old lying around.

I found all my Game Gear stuff, including the TV-tuner and the "Master Gear" (lets you play Master System games). Perhaps not the best system in the world, but I had fun with it when I was a kid, and being able to play games while in the car was the greatest thing ever, at the time.

I guess there must be a bunch of old PC games lying around somewhere, but I'm not exactly sure where to being looking. I'd like to find the original Leisure Suit Larry, but I don't think that's going to happen. Who knows, maybe it's been thrown out...

Man, the Game Gear. I don't even know where the machine itself is anymore. All of a sudden though, I have a mysterious urge to play Sonic 2 again. Mmmm... sonic 2. Of course, I could always just wait for the Mega Collection 2 to come out for the 'cube. From what I hear it'll have all the sonic games that didn't make it on to the first disk. CD, the Game Gear ones, the arcade fighters... lotsa goodness.

I should see how much of my SNES stuff I can find. I own every game I had for the system on GBA now, but it'd be nice to feel the controler between my hands again during a game of DKC2.

Am I the only one here that knows exactly were the his belongings are?

Clean and organize your rooms, people! :shifty:

Also: I can't find my Game Gear and many of my Mega Drive games (but they're my brother's, so oh well).

I know exactly where everything game related I own(ed) is. My computer stuff is in either the pie safe in the living room or my giant 400(give or take 100) sleeve cd thingy along with my PS2 stuff, the old Nintendo stuff I still have is in a dresser in the guest room, my brother has all the XBox stuff, my GameGear is long dead and the games moved on to a better home along with about 50 Nintendo games, and all Genesis related objects also were donated to a gameless family.

I wonder what Nintendo games and boxes I still have here... I'll have to check.

Am I the only one here that knows exactly were the his belongings are?

Clean and organize your rooms, people! :shifty:

Rooms around the house are quite well organized and pedantically cleaned once or twice a week, so it's not that. It's just kind of hard keeping track of all the stuff that gets sent out into the mighty and vast spaces of the garage and attic, especially when you rarely to never use it.

I still know where all my Lego is though (most of the games are under control as well, except for some elusive ones), and that's what counts in the end.

Most of my stuff is in my room, some cds put in the wrong cases but other than that im ok nothing goes to the attic or basement since it doesnt exist...

Seems im missing a dvd, but thats not too bad

This topic reminds me of a documentary that followedthree ladies going back into the Tasmanian wilderness, where they had camped about a month earlier.

They started digging in all these different locations, and looking into the holes (which just looked like dirt to me) and writing down notes on their clip boards.

It turns out that that they had taken a dump in these locations previously and were doing an experiement to determine what was were the best instructions to tell campers regarding burying their own shit - ie how deep, whether to wrap in toiletpaper, etc.

It grossed me out and I had to change channels.

Well, I have a real reason for not knowing where my Game Gear is. See, last time I played it, I was about 10 years old, then we moved. I remember unpacking it, but it's been a good 7 years since I even thought about actually playing it, so its found its way somewhere unknown to me. In a month or so, I'll be packing up to leave for Uni, so maybe it'll turn up then. I guess we'll see, eh?

I figured most/all of you would be better than me, not ones to store video games with old yearbooks you never wanted to look at again.

Manny, the exact same thing happened with me and my Game Gear! I miss Sonic 2. I don't think I had any other games for the stinkin' thing, either. I figured that I had thrown the magical little "handheld" out the magical window, and it had magically landed in the magical parking lot, magically shattering into a thousand magical pieces. But then I remembered that I couldn't remember... hmm... seeing it after I'd moved - so maybe I threw it out the magical window while we were moving. Hmm.

:deranged:

I used to be crazily addicted to the Stargate game on Game Gear. I wonder where that bloody system is now..... :shifty:

I'm starting to think that there's a Game Gear theft conspiracy involving underground gnomes and rapacious pixies!

How can nearly all of us not know the whereabouts of our Game Gear?

Something's not kosher, I'll tell you that.

C'mon, everybody! We can beat the gnomes! Thanks mostly to this thread, I'm going to spend the remainder of this weekend tearing apart my basement for the Game Gear. We can do it!

As for games, there were only 2 of them. I had Sonic 2 and some Bugs Bunny game that I'd played to death and could still probably beat in under a half hour if the opportunity arose. The bitch of the situation is, I remember unpacking the damn thing, but where I put it wasn't important to me at the time and now it's gone. *sigh* Sonic...

I found some more games the other day.

• Day of the Tentacle (yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking, that I should never have let it out of my sight)
  • Abuse
  • Strife (fuckin' A!)
  • Sven 004 XXL (any european who's played this, 5 points for you)

Happy Throwback, Marek. :gaming:

Just a few monthes ago I found a demo disc from who knows where. It had Star Wars: Dark Forces and Full Throttle demos on it.

Well, it was the first Windows release and the first release with layers. So, basically, yeah.

PS3 was out of control when it came out. Layers!!!* Oh man my head exploded a thousand times. That's all.

* didn't care about the windows release part