Marek

London

What am I stopping?

:erm:

I was just saying that the G8 would be a much more likely target of political animosity.

Also is the flag supposed to blink brainwashingly to the music? I don't think this is working properly.

wrong video codecs?

i used the official divx 5 ones

also the shut it wasnt really aimed at anything, it was a quote :)

wrong video codecs?

i used the official divx 5 ones

I did manage to watch it but have no idea what I just saw.

Ok... I'm watching it... but .... what the crap? Do they really run this?

/..... ok having watched a few more seconds, I have come to the conclusion that you're messing with me...

What the hell was that though?

It's a clip from a show by Chris Morris. Spaff loves Chris Morris. Just nod and smile.

A satirical writer of television and radio. He has become so notorious amongst, for instance, the House of Commons (whom he tricked into having a debate about a fake drug called cake) that he rarely appears himself anymore, prefering to lurk in the shadows.

He is also Spaff's role model.

Dammit. That's the second time these bastards have been a day away from possibly killing my dad. (He's a captain for United) He flew to London early September one day and was set to come back on the 12th: One day off, could very well have been my dad's plane. Now, once again he's doing London trips, he frequents one of the stations because it's right by the hotel he stays at.

Bastards.

I must find more of this "Chris Morris'" work now. Where can I track the bugger down so I may laugh merrily at him?

www.cookdandbombd.co.uk

That clip is from 'the day today' a 6 part television series from 1994. Brass eye was another show that is very similar. both DVDs are cheap on amazon.co.uk

There are also several radio shows which can be found on torrents these days - on the hour, the Radio one shows and Blue Jam..

now go forth and buy morris.

AARGH. why did I follow a link to the Fox news site? o.O Maybe to hear John Gibson rant about the fact that he wanted this to happen to france instead of GB.

The bombings in London: This is why I thought the Brits should let the French have the Olympics — let somebody else be worried about guys with backpack bombs for a while.

Can't someone sue the bastard for something? I bet it'll go under the header of 'freedom of speech'

Go choke on your freedom fries, Gibson.

I agree with GFMcB that it was timed for the G8 summit. Unless they planned attacks on all potential Olympic hosts and only hit the one that won, they wouldn't have been able to coordinate the attack so soon. The Olympic announcement the previous night, however, did make for a very abrupt change of mood.

Glad that everyone who's posted and their loved ones are OK.

I just found out that my stepbrother was four minutes away from being on one of those trains. Man. It is insane how close you can come to shit like this. Really glad everyone here's okay.

Feel bad about saying this, but it all felt too convenient, like a justification for everything that the Labour government has been trying to get passed as law. Less rights for the general public, and more rights to get rid of immigrants (the 'Mr Muscle' of Britain, they do the jobs that all our dole/benefit scum should be doing).

And it also seems to have shifted the focus away from Africa, where people (in greater numbers than those that died in London) perish every day.

Apologies made now to all those dole/benefit people out there. And it was good to hear that Ben, Spaff and Nick were all fine. But it makes me worried for the possible situation of something akin to Martial Law during the Olympics in London.