Sign in to follow this  
Salka

We're failures as gamers

Treesus and I, and a fellow called The Hat just tried to play Crystal Chronicles and failed. Then we tried to play Zelda Four Swords and failed again. We couldn't get them to start. We were confused, sad, alone. Spaff is in London for a few days, and Bob is working late.

I phoned Spaff to ask him what the hell was going on in Final Fantasy. He talked for six minutes nonstop. Without pausing to breath once. Our problem was not solved. I think at some point he asked whether I had the GameCube turned on.

Eventually we got Zelda to work.

It was a very peaceful game.

We don't all live in the same house, we were merely huddled around the same console.

Yufster is just being coy. We DO all live in one big house. All of the Thumb staffers, even the American ones.

We all share rent on a 6-bedroom, 2.5 bath split-level that's floating in the middle of the Atlantic.

We're talking to G4TV about getting a reality tv show started.

Yufster is just being coy. We DO all live in one big house. All of the Thumb staffers, even the American ones.

We all share rent on a 6-bedroom, 2.5 bath split-level that's floating in the middle of the Atlantic.

When my parents kick me out for playing too much psychonauts can I move in?

When ever a GameCube gets played, an angel gets its wings.

So what was the problem exactly? It wouldn't turn on? GBA connection issues? Disk read errors? Bad disks?

Did you by any chance forgot to plug it to the TV?

While it'd be a good show, it still wouldn't beat the one that Hulk Hogan has planned.

Don't forget you all share the same bed, too.

Or at least some of you... :shifty:

yup, everyone except Yufster. They build forts out of pillows and cover the sides with "No Girls Allowed" signs. Of course, as gamers, I'm sure most of us do...

I've never tried that Gameboy multiplayer stuff. Was it actually any fun once you got it working? My link cable has been used quite infrequently. My sister wanted to be Tingle when I played Wind Waker, and I used it with Fusion to unlock the Fusion Suit and original Metroid in Prime, but other than that I may as well have sealed up my $15 (Canadian. Probably about $10, 6 pounds, whatever. I'm talking out my ass here anyway.) and left it on my desk where it could collect dust. Same effect without the trip to EB. Just a differently shaped hole in the dust...

They are very fun... And not very hard to set up :shifty: Marek, Doug, Chris and I managed to get FF:CC working with very few problems (except a bad solder on Doug's GBA's Afterburner install which broke his select button... but that's nobody's fault but Doug's).

This was back before we all shared one house of course, when it was all the west coast US and Dutch staffers in one house, and all the Texan and UK folks in another. Steve's presence has unified us.

Sigh. We ran out of toilet paper AGAIN. Jake, I thought you were supposed to go shopping today?

When ever a GameCube gets played, an angel gets its wings.

So what was the problem exactly? It wouldn't turn on? GBA connection issues? Disk read errors? Bad disks?

Did you by any chance forgot to plug it to the TV?

We've most of us worked as testers. Hardware poses no problems.

No, it was the game itself. We started a game, but once it got going and we had watched the incredibly tedious and unskippable opening cinematic, only one person was in the game. We thought that maybe it introduced the other players after a mission or something, and this was what we were trying to ask Spaff about. unfortunately Spaff had access to a london hotel and a hospitality budget so was only capable of talking about hardware for 10 minutes.

We tried again, but realised we couldn't be bothered to watch the cinematic again.

We got Zelda Four Swords working though and it was great.

When Nick and Spaff are there, there are screams, yells, attacks, insults, kicks, blame, bludgeoning, pushing, shoving, mockery and bullying.

But us three? Even though Rich kept drop-kicking bombs randomly, and I kept stabbing and burning him and Dan, it was so much more peaceful. It was like we were all cherry blossoms that had been glued together, floating on a cool breeze Northwards, toward our destination (Hyrule Castle).

Two very different gaming experiences.

Marek: there are spare tissues under the kitchen sink you can use.

Sigh. We ran out of toilet paper AGAIN. Jake, I thought you were supposed to go shopping today?

I still have a pile of old PC GAMER magazines lying around...

--Erwin

My friend and I had a different problem playing FF:CC—a GBA connector cable shortage in our entire state. We eventually had to grift WalMart to get the second cable.

No real problems starting up the game once we got it working, although it's hard to keep track of the gameplay sometime. We never did finish the whole game, but did quite a few expeditions.