Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Gah!

Whyhy-y is this forum so dead? I need more action and funny threads. How else am I to survive the day at work?

Amount of threads about live8? 0

Amount of threads about the G8 top? 0

Amount of threads discussing the destruction fr dutch public television? 0

Amount of threads about the lack of forum activity? 1

Amount of threads about how cool the new kirby game for the DS is? 0

We need to change all this people! less lurking more chatting! :\

Is there destruction of Dutch public television going on? I've been away for one stinking month and already everything's crumbling in my absence! Tell me!

Or is it the normal general malaise that most people are just too ignorant to understand that public television offers the only things that are worthwhile enough to put on the tv sometimes? :shifty:

rodi: being in germany doesn't ban you from nu.nl or volkskrant.nl (maybe even telegraaf.nl?), right?

To make a long story short. Medy van der Laan has come up with some horrible compromis in order to 'fix' the public TV, which means that the NPS will be disbanded (yes, this means no more nova, klokhuis or sesamstraat). The budget of the rest of the 'omroepverenigingen' will be cut in half. (So no more http://3voor12.vpro.nl/ or uitzendinggemist.nl) All in all a total disaster.

Nova was probably the only thing I watched on the public network. And Kopspijkers. I hope Nova will, like Kopspijkers, move over to Talpa. I'm not sure it can co-exist with Barend & Van Dorp, though. Too much ''actuality programs'' spoil the broth.

--Erwin

Yeah seems shitty. Either you need to kill the omroep system and turn them into production houses for BBC-like channels with a central management, or you need to keep the current situation. Anywhere in between = failure.

Why do you want Nova to move to Talpa Erwin? Talpa will be horrible. It will be basically like the TROS, except it will broadcast all day long. I expect whatever Spijkerman comes up with will be their only worthwhile show, much like the TROS' Dit Was Het Nieuws.

Live 8 (for my taste in music) only started being good when The Who went on stage, their performance was terrific, especially Who Are You which isn't one of my favorites from them but it sounded great.

Pink Floyd were great, I'm ambivalent towards the post-Syd Barrett Pink Floyd, but they were great, almost near perfect.

Paul McCartney was wonderful as always, Helter Skelter was especially good. My only complaint is how he ended it, he should have ended with Sgt. Pepper Resprise because the show started with Sgt. Pepper, it's plain logic.

I wanted to see Roxy Music's performance, but the channel that aired the show only came in when they ended their set.

Coldplay were alright.

It really wasn't the biggest event in history as they claimed, but it was free! (Where was Lou Reed? Why wasn't Dylan there? And what about John Cale? Or Van Morrison? I want answers.)

I doubt that Live 8 will really influence G8's decision regarding Africa, though it should, even without Live 8 they should finally do something.

I'm not dutch, but TV's terrible regardless these days. (Yet I watch at least four hours of it a day, so what!?)

Yeah people, start crazy threads so we can make our one liners, DAMNIT!

Kirby is kick-ass to the motherfucking Xtreme, DS rules, rest suxors. TO THE MAX! So yeah, Kirby's cool.

There, I discussed the topics. You happy now? Are you? Are You?

They cancelled SESAMSTRAAT?! Those idiots!

We had a lecture on school by some of the people from RVU and VPRO, telling them their future plans. Stuff like 3voor12 and specialized internet-channels. They were going for the future, but now there'll only be crap like Talpa.

3voor12 has been bummed up the gop multiple times due to budget allocation problems. The top brass got all confused because 3voor12 is so many things, and like... should the money come from the internet budget, or from the radio budget? Is the site a companion to the radio program, or the other way around? People just couldn't figure it out.

I don't think the Dutch public broadcasting bureaucracy is quite ready for more cross-media programs. It's only because of 3voor12's extreme persistence that they get things done. I see a little bit of the old VPRO in 3voor12 and think they're pretty much awesome.

There, I discussed the topics. You happy now? Are you? Are You?
Yes I really appreciate your valuable input. Now all you need to do is make your own thread ;)
They cancelled SESAMSTRAAT?! Those idiots!

NO not yet but if Miss van der Laan keeps this up they will have to cancel it. read more about it here

Mmmm... another chance for a Kirby fanboy post. I do so loves mah DS...

So how many medals do you have? I'm at around 210, have beaten the game with all characters and have unlocked everything but the very last secret. In short, I've played it to death and yet inexplicably still love it. But alas, how Meteos has absorbed my life. Must... Get... Last few... Medals... so I can... begin... talking normally... AGAIN! I want that cartridge completely whupped before I leave for Saskatchewan next week. Think I can do it? :frusty:

In other news, when I close my eyes, I can still see the falling Meteos blocks. Please help. :eek:

Apparently people can break a million points by using Dawndus in Deluge mode. This seems insane to me. I can't break about 190,000, and by the time I do that everything is moving way too fast already.

Why do you want Nova to move to Talpa Erwin? Talpa will be horrible. It will be basically like the TROS, except it will broadcast all day long. I expect whatever Spijkerman comes up with will be their only worthwhile show, much like the TROS' Dit Was Het Nieuws.

Because it beats the alternative it's facing right now: Termination.

I'm curious why you're comparing Talpa with Tros? I fail to see the relation :erm: Also, Talpa can't get any worse than what we already see on the RTL and SBS networks. John de Mol has the money and power to shake things up a little. I expect to see an increase in quality.

Then again, I'm known as a foolishly optimistic person. :ratched:

--Erwin

The TROS is where John de Mol once started out, and where his sister worked up until recently. Talpa is going to be very similar to the TROS: "fun for the whole family", and it will no doubt be cheesy, low-cost and horrible. There was even some discussion of TROS merging with Tien, which sadly didn't happen.

I expect Talpa will be the same story as when Veronica, SBS or Net 5 launched. You watch the promos, you think it will be the best channel ever, but after a year you realize it was just a trap. Veronica/Yorin, SBS and Net 5 all crumbled to mediocrity after their first year.

So Talpa will have the Soundmixshow, Beau, Big Brother, Bridget Maasland, Ivo Niehe, Harm Edens, Spijkerman, etc. What else is new? It should be noted that Harm Edens without Dit Was Het Nieuws is horrible (see: that awards show he did with Bridget), and Spijkerman without his cabaret team is also horrible. Basically all Talpa does is destroy great programs on other channels. :shifty:

The only thing worth watching will be Barend & van Dorp, but only for the first year. After that a new duo will take over. So... WHY BOTHER?

Sorry. I don't share your optimism. :oldman::(:mrt:

I see your point, but let me add this:

- John the Mole puts a lot of money in it. I have no official figures, but I think the Talpa start-up budget is even bigger than SBS, Veronica and Yorin's together.

- John the Mole can retire if he wants to. He's not the youngest anymore and he's filthy rich. This leads me to believe that he's very passionate about TV making, and I think he doesn't do it for the money.

:)

--Erwin

Wow wait, is this thread simultaneously about the Live 8 concert, Dutch national politics something stranger than that, and Kirby's Canvas Curse?

exactly Jake :) Although Kirby's canvas curse is a bit unattended at the moment. Anyone in here that actually has that game?

exactly Jake :) Although Kirby's canvas curse is a bit unattended at the moment. Anyone in here that actually has that game?

No, but I hear that it really is very cool...

I have Canvas Curse, and it's great. My previous post was about Meteos, though, if that wasn't clear.

I'm replaying CMI right now-- I can't really believe Ron Gilbert, et al. refuse to play this game. Of course it makes sense to turn your back on the series if it was torn from you, defiled and commercialized...but CMI really wasn't besides for. How could Ron at least not be curious to see what happened?

(This mashup thread seemed the best place to pose the question)

Because he'd still like to make the third part himself, should that opportunity ever occur. It's conventional wisdom: don't look at something you still want to make yourself, or you'll be constantly referring to it, comparing it or even get influenced by it (even if you'd deliberately do the opposite).

I'm replaying CMI right now-- I can't really believe Ron Gilbert, et al. refuse to play this game. Of course it makes sense to turn your back on the series if it was torn from you, defiled and commercialized...but CMI really wasn't besides for. How could Ron at least not be curious to see what happened?

(This mashup thread seemed the best place to pose the question)

He did play it, and enjoyed it. Where are you getting this from?

He said (no link, it was in a pub :yep: ) it was refreshing to play a MI game without knowing what was going to happen, but it's not the way he would have done it.

Escape was a bit of a turd, though.

No shit? I think the only good part about it was the music, and some of the bits on Lucre Island and beyond. Brilliant time-puzzle in the swamp. But for the rest, very lacklustre. Monkey Kombat was a travesty that drew scars on my soul ;(

I see your point, but let me add this:

True. Didn't know about the startup money until now. Hope you're right...