Steve

Games of your dreams

So, just this morning I had this dream. I was exploring an old, abandoned, multi-story warehouse/residence with this other dude who reminded me of John Mayer or Kirk Cameron. We were kind of just scouting the place out and it was real run-down and old; lots of pooled water and cracked concrete, and too-small musty crawlspaces. However, certain parts seemed to have been freshly repainted, such as a big door that had been painted bright green, or the wall of a room that was bright orange. It reminded me of how different parts of the levels in multiplayer games like Counter-Strike are sometimes color-coded.

So, I'm exploring part of the basement, and my Kirk Cameron dude friend suddenly comes sprinting past me down the hall, yelling "GO, RUN! DON'T STOP." So I break into a run, pacing him, and he looks over his shoulder and shouts, "HOLY SHIT, THERE ARE LIKE 30 PEOPLE IN THE GAME!" As we round a corner, I look back too, and see a group of four or five guys in hoodie sweatshirts with bandanas over their mouths chasing after us, wielding machetes and other deadly implements. Once around the corner, I keep running, but I notice my dude friend isn't next to me. Then from behind me I hear him yell, "THE MANHUNT'S OVER HERE, MOTHERFUCKERS!" He had ducked behind a support beam, and as the group of assailants was running past him, he grabbed one of them and stabbed him in the neck. However, this didn't stop the entire group, and I figured it also probably got him killed. Just as this crazy fucker with a red bandana over his mouth and a machete in each hand bore down on me, I forced myself to wake up, heart pounding.

Anybody else had any good game-based dreams lately?! :D

I had a dream of breaking into Tim Schafer's house, splinter-cell style for whatever reason. He was angry. The dream was stupid.

I had a dream of a game set in the fututre, onboard a space station. Suddenly all these ships come out and start attacking and you get the following options:

1. Go to the bridge and command the battle RTS style

2. Get on a ship and fight

3. Wait for them to start boarding and fight them then.

And throughout the entire game you spent it making choices like that. It was a sort of cross-genre massive Deus Ex.

I had a really weird dream a while ago. I dreamed I was in some kind of total-immersion MMORPG in the future. It had elements of World or Warcraft, Saga of Ryzom, Fable, and a very strong Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass motif. It must have been a pre-release version, since there weren't many people in it.

I just wondered around for a bit, checking out areas like a hedge maze and a forest with wierd crystal flowers growing in it. It was really pretty. Maybe it will come true in 20 years time or something. The whole dream had a very bizarre feel to it.

My latest gaming dream was about... Bussiness Management? :nuts:

Yep, I dreamt of climbing the career ladder, and eventually became my bosses boss, and I started "editing" and creating my office....

I also once dreamt of my parents chalet being surrounded by zombies, and it was all like a Survival Horror game....

I dreamt I was Leisure Suit Larry. Yeh, and I had this chick doing things to me with her sister.

Don't hate the Playa - hate the game...

I'm not sure if something like that counts as a "game dream" really...

I'm not sure if something like that counts as a "game dream" really...

Are you questioning the historical gaming integrity of the LSL franchise? ;)

I had a dream of breaking into Tim Schafer's house, splinter-cell style for whatever reason. He was angry. The dream was stupid.

I vaguely remember talking to Tim Schafer at a party in a dream. I think it was a really interesting conversation. I think.

Are you questioning the historical gaming integrity of the LSL franchise? ;)

You're being very defensive you know...

Maybe you were scarred by the dream in some remote and unlikely way (that sword looks a bit dangerous, for example). I'll try to have a dream about being a psychonaut and helping you tonight! :erm:

You're being very defensive you know...

Maybe you were scarred by the dream in some remote and unlikely way (that sword looks a bit dangerous, for example). I'll try to have a dream about being a psychonaut and helping you tonight! :erm:

You're a good man. But I swear, if I have one of my LSL dreams again and that woman and her sword are not in it I am going to be upset with you and send my wife around your house for a word. I'd come myself but I cant walk.

And in my dreams defence, she blew harder than Kirby. Thats gotta have some kind of cache, huh?

You're a good man. But I swear, if I have one of my LSL dreams again and that woman and her sword are not in it I am going to be upset with you and send my wife around your house for a word. I'd come myself but I cant walk.

And in my dreams defence, she blew harder than Kirby. Thats gotta have some kind of cache, huh?

That doesn't really sound healthy...

Anyway, I'll still try to dream something. I might join your dream, disguised as a pancake wrapped in plastic, covered in cyanide. That's always nice, except for the cyanide maybe. I'm not talking about regular cyanide either, but the bad kind that didn't have a father and grew up in the streets dealing out crack and beatings. Better look out! :crazy:

I had a futurama-game-dream just the other day. I was controlling bender who for some reason had a skateboard instead of feet - I was sort of controlling him with my hands (he was very small - like a bug) - in some crazy fast-paced level - kind of like the milkman level mixed with the race in Milas dance party.

It got me thinking that if someone was ever to make a good futurama game it should be sort of like MDK II, where different characters has total different gameplay. ....

I just had a dream where I wanted to play King's Quest:Mask of Eternity but it didn't work or something. Then I joined an underground resistance group that gave me a batman comic as a token of their appreciation.

A while back I had a dream with Dr. DVS from RON, in all his pixelly glory. I shot him with a shotgun from TimeSplitters 2, but it didn't work, so then I switched over to a SPAS-12. Also, the whole thing took place in a Tiberium refinery from C&C.

Last night, I dreamt about METEOS. I haven't even PLAYED the damn game and already it's gripping me with its Tetris-like influence. Damn you Salazaaaar!!

I vaguely remember talking to Tim Schafer at a party in a dream. I think it was a really interesting conversation. I think.

I talked to Tim Schafer at a party once. It was noisy and he thought I ran Moos's site. But it ruled.

Anyway, I probably had a dream featuring a meat circus butchery (hacked apart and haphazardly sewn together, don't you know?) of elements from all the Pirate-themed video games I've played over the years. I don't want to talk about it.

I used to have a recurring dream that must have been longer and more involved than I remember, but the part that I do remember is very vivid.

I am in a Doom-like environment (in terms of fidelity and atmosphere) and I walk into a large room. In this room, there is a curved wall of aquariums, all rectangles with perhaps a 35-45 inch diagonal. The colors are very basic - something like dark blue for the water, green for a bit of plant matter, and orange fish. They are all animating in sync, with about three or four frames slowly cycling. The pixels are large and few.

I had this dream more than twice. I don't think I have it anymore, but I often remember it, and the other day I remembered it right after I woke up from a different dream that must have triggered this memory for some reason.

For such a boring-sounding dream, it interests me quite a bit.

I dreamt that Yufster and Spaff had become one, indistinguishable entity with wreathing, throbbing growths of wildflesh all over their mutated body.

I dreamt that Yufster and Spaff had become one, indistinguishable entity with wreathing, throbbing growths of wildflesh all over their mutated body.

You've been playing Day of the Tentacle again?

Anyway, I seem to be the only one who never dreams about games. :gaming:

--Erwin

I dreamt Tim Schafer came in the girls changing room.

-yuf

A very, very bad choice of words.

Well , once after a long period of playing Metal Gear Solid I was really tired and got a fever as a result. I slept in the afternoon and dreamt I was Big Boss and stuff was happening.

Ever since I started playing World of Warcraft, I've been having Warcraft-related dreams.

Sometimes they're of me being killed by a tough monster, other times, they are of victory or of the joy of finding a really cool item, etc.

After such a night, when I wake up in the morning, I have an irresistable desire to play more World of Warcraft. :D

A very, very bad choice of words.

The ambiguity is what makes it so dreamy.