Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Dave Chappelle: Gnome Warlock

I don't like Chappelle's Show, but Dave Chappelle seems like a nice guy. It's cool to see some big-name celebrities being vocal about something that's not Halo or GTA...

Is he actually a Gnome Warlock, or are you just hypothesizing?

That was just the silliest race/class combo I could think up for him.

That being said, how can you not like Chappelle's Show?? Blasphemy! :nuts:

I think he has some brilliant sketches (GTA) and whole episodes (the Rick James one had me rolling on the floor), but on the whole I am not too awed by him --- the way I am by, say, George Carlin.

Yeah, it's intermittently brilliant, but uneven. Some sketches are longer than they need to be, others just aren't that well conceived. But when it works, it works.

I've never seen Chapelle's Show, but I really really really hate the advert for it that comes on during the South Park credits.

That was just the silliest race/class combo I could think up for him.
Hey, my buddy is a gnome warlock!
That being said, how can you not like Chappelle's Show?? Blasphemy! :nuts:

I don't know, it's just not funny to me.

At least it's better than what's usually played on Comedy Central (Mad TV). I've gone from watching Comedy Central all the time to almost not at all due to the fact that they play that show all day.

He can play Dungeons and Dragons with Vin Diesel in his Mom's Basement.

One of us! One of us!

At least it's better than what's usually played on Comedy Central (Mad TV). I've gone from watching Comedy Central all the time to almost not at all due to the fact that they play that show all day.

Yeah I really despise Mad TV. The very few times I've seen it, it both enraged and saddened me.

yeah the advert for the chappelle show at the end of southpark episodes makes me want to fucking kill someone.

yeah the advert for the chappelle show at the end of southpark episodes makes me want to fucking kill someone.

Quite possibly the only other person I know who doesn't love Chappelle's Show.

Spaff you'lll be happy to know that David Chapelle is currently residing in a mental institute in Africa after having a breakdown from taking too many drugs.

I don't know, John Belushi dies yet Dave just has a close shave.

Sometimes there is no justice.

Except with Chris Farley.

Spaff you'lll be happy to know that David Chapelle is currently residing in a mental institute in Africa after having a breakdown from taking too many drugs.

I don't know, John Belushi dies yet Dave just has a close shave.

Sometimes there is no justice.

Except with Chris Farley.

Except he never actually went to a mental insitute or (claimed to not) take any drugs. Apparently he just went to south africa for some religious vacation because it gets pretty frustrating when thousands of 19 year old white people constantly yell "I'm Rick James bitch!"

From the original linked article:

"Since returning to the US, he has made several unannounced appearances at Los Angeles comedy clubs, and this week played two little-publicized shows at the Punchline in San Francisco."

TIME PARADOX

Dave Chappelle is doing well as of right now. He is young, has his own show, and has appeared on numerous shows and movies. He has many devoted fans and if he tells them to play a game, they will play it. I can bet you that, due to the recent events concerning him and World of Warcraft, the sales have increased by at least 12% or more. He is very influential and should be happy.

Where did you get the number 12%?

Nowhere. I was just saying that for the sake of conversation. It is totally innacurate. :grin:

76% of all statistics are invented on the spot.

But you're using... oh, wait, no I see. No, I get it.