Kolzig

Beloved Uwe Boll to start his next directing adventure in July

TONY CHING SIGNS ON AS ACTION CHOREOGRAPHER FOR UWE BOLL'S DUNGEON SIEGE

Latest Boll KG/Brightlight Film Based On Popular Video Game Goes Before Cameras July 3 in Vancouver

Vancouver, British Columbia (June 23, 2005) - Renowned action director and choreographer Tony Ching--best known for his work on House of Flying Daggers and Hero--has signed on to helm the action sequences for director, executive producer Uwe Boll's Dungeon Siege, it was announced today by producer Shawn Williamson of Brightlight Pictures.

Based on the wildly popular video game by Gas Powered Games, Dungeon Siege will be directed by Uwe Boll from a screenplay by Doug Taylor, David S. Freeman and Glenn Benest. The film is executive produced by Boll KG's Uwe Boll (BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark) and Wolfgang Herold (BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark). Brightlight Pictures' Shawn Williamson (White Noise, Edison) and Daniel Clarke (The Long Weekend) will serve as producers. Shan Tam (Rumble in the Bronx) will serve as line producer. The behind-the-scenes team will be led by director of photography Mathias Neumann (BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark), production designer Jim Steuart (The Long Weekend, Scary Movie 3), costume designers Carla Hetland (The Butterfly Effect, Unforgiven) and Toni Rutter (Man of the House), and editor David M. Richardson (House of the Dead). The producers will announce principal cast shortly.

Mining the game's rich action to weave a classic fable of sword and sorcery, the story begins when Farmer's wife, Solana, takes their only son to town to sell their harvest, and are attacked by Krugs, ferocious animal-warriors controlled by the evil magus, Gallian. In the battle, their son is killed and Solana is kidnapped. Farmer arrives too late to save her. Consumed with revenge but holding onto the hope that she may be still alive, Farmer sets out with his old friend, Norick, to find her. What he doesn't realize is that his very world is being threatened by Gallian who wants to overthrow the ruling leader, King Konreid. Farmer must ally himself with Merick, the only other surviving magus, and take part in a war to end Gallian's domination and destruction as the King's traitorous nephew, Duke Fallow, commits treason and launches a coup. Only when Farmer, orphaned as a child, gets close to saving his wife is he told that he not just an ordinary man but the son of the King and heir to the throne, and must choose between loyalty to his family and the duty of prince.

I'm excited to have Tony and his team choreographing the action in my movie in not a typical Hollywood kind of way," stated Uwe Boll. "We've developed action sequences never seen before."

Shawn Williamson added, "We are thrilled to be working with Tony Ching. His action sequences are state-of-the-art and will be a tremendous addition to the film."

Gas Powered Games was founded in May 1998 by Chris Taylor, creator of the award-winning Total Annihilation. Located in the Pacific Northwest, GPG is a short distance from Seattle, Washington. GPG is devoted to creating immersive, state-of-the-art games that push the boundaries of video game entertainment. The company's first project, Dungeon Siege was released in April 2002, with the sequel, Dungeon Siege II to be released in August. Dungeon Siege the movie is currently in pre-production with filming due to start this summer. Check www.gaspowered.com for more information on all Gas Powered Games projects.

Uwe Boll has had a tremendously successful career as a director, writer and producer. His films-all based on video game properties, include BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark, and House of the Dead.

I still don't get it, where the hell does this guy get the money to make movies?

And why do people like Tony Ching, Ben Kingsley and Michael Madsen agree to be involved with his movies?

Doesn't it sound like a work of a genious when your main character is a farmer and his name is Farmer! :woohoo::hmph::fart:

Why is he making another movie? He can't even get Bloodrayne into theaters because Alone in the Dark bombed so badly.

From wikipedia:

"He's able to secure the investors (mostly German, in Hollywood often derisively referred to as "stupid German money"), secure the rights for cheap, picking games with only moderate brand recognition, does all of the actual production himself, and swiftly cranks out a film. While under normal circumstances a director's movies could gross so little he's eventually shut out from every operating studio, Boll is exempt because he funds them under a loophole in German tax law that is supported by contributors and actually rewards films that perform badly, via a writeoff at the end of the year."

"stupid German money"

Must .... resist ..... urge .... to ... make .... game ...... publisher ....... comparison.

Must .... resist ..... urge .... to ... make .... game ...... publisher ....... comparison.

k-k-k-k-k-e-e-i-i-i-r-r-r-r-d-d-d-o-o-r-r-f-f-f-f

k-k-k-k-k-e-e-i-i-i-r-r-r-r-d-d-d-o-o-r-r-f-f-f-f

That's enough out of you.

His name is 'Kierdorf' by the way, and he's a really nice guy.

He's not in the office today.

All of this time I had thought that Uwe Boll movies were popular enough to make money and that he was just another bad Hollywood director. But really he's just some wierd schlep who's up to his tits in bad ideas. Cool.

This is great! So the movie will AND be about revenge and drivenness, AND feature Emotioneering! I can't believe how awesome this will be!

david_headshot.gif

I kept seeing that guy at E3 and thinking how little he looks like that drawing.

Oh man, I really hope that the movie is reviewed really poorly with reviewers saying things like "devoid of emotion" and "lacks any kind of soul" and "has no connection with the viewer" while completely ignorant of Freeman's book. And then I hope Freeman reads those quotes and cries or something.

Oh man, I really hope that the movie is reviewed really poorly with reviewers saying things like "devoid of emotion" and "lacks any kind of soul" and "has no connection with the viewer" while completely ignorant of Freeman's book. And then I hope Freeman reads those quotes and cries or something.

:clap:

All right, I'm going on a crusade to kill him. Who's coming with?
Rigtho!

However, if Uwe actually turns up dead in a ditch somewhere with both his thumbs ritualistically severed and stuffed into his ears, I don't know you.

The severing of the thumbs, obviously. You stick them in his ears just because it's funny.

let's make that an "award" that the Thumb hands out once a year to the person most deserving of our hatred! We send them a severed thumb! I guess if we fail to find someone "willing" to make that sacrifice for the good of all people, we can always make a fake one...

All gag shops ought to have those + shingle + plaque saying Your teh Winnar! and we have an award.