David

Nerd Shirts

where do you buy your shirts then? Cause I'm looking for some good online T-shirt shops

Marek seems to buy a lot of shirts from Threadless. Well, he's got a couple from there. They are heavily featured in every picture of him on the site. :)

The only "geek" shirt that I have -- other than my really old <body> tag shirt -- is my Rock Paper Scissors Society shirt which I wear to show my support of the society, the sport, and the world championships. It's a pride thing.

Fun fact: my dad thought the "I am analog" t-shirt was intended to be suggestive. He wanted to know what secret message it was telling the opposite sex.

Marek seems to buy a lot of shirts from Threadless. Well, he's got a couple from there. They are heavily featured in every picture of him on the site. :)

Barring my Decemberists shirt and my two Ted Leo shirts, I don't own a single t-shirt that hasn't come from either Threadless, Doublefine, or Diesel Sweeties. What can say? They make damn fine shirts.

In other news: "shirt" is a very silly word.

Because I spent about seven years as a journalist before jumping the fence, i have a lot of game-related shirts. Naturally, I can't wear any of them to the office (shirts with games from other publishers wouldn't be a good idea to walk into the office with). But I still wear them around the house and occaisionally on the weekends.

The new thing to do is to make shirts that people actually *want* to wear. Rockstar is the king of doing this. Their shirts look really cool, and aren't overtly nerdy. We've done that to a limited extent with our 2K shirts we had at E3...they're very subtle (solid color with a very small embroidered logo). Those I wear in public with pride.

I still have a couple of shirts from GameSkins that I wear from time to time. Those are nerdy in the extreme, although they're a little dated (even hardcore gamers may have forgotten what LPB stood for).

But then, I'm proud of my dorkiness.

:nerd:

Actually, I got my wife one of one of these shirts for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago, and she still wears it.

In other news: "shirt" is a very silly word.

Not as silly as "geek" :)

No offense intended to all who prefer 'geek' to 'nerd,' but come on!

(the word 'geek' is ok on that shirt though. i see those around a lot and approve, because they are worn by the ladies)

I don't own any nerd clothing but i saw a very geeky shirt on the 'pure pwnage' series. The guy the show is about has the (you probably have seen it b4) 'I pwn noobs' shirt.

Black T with red writing on the chest. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in it, but for a geek shirt I think it is definately up there with the best of em'.