Roderick

Birth of a Clown - animation

This animation is a weird one. More like a, well... don't know what it is. If you're interested: it involves clowns and possible madmen. And my facial features.

Birth of a Clown (50 MB)

I really liked it. The writing was good, and your voice sounds kinda like Kain from Legacy of Kain, the idea was also... nice, very disturbing, but nice.

Good job Rodi! :tup::tup: :awesome:

I actually thought that the voice reminded me of the villain from bladerunner (rutget hauer)

Clowns still scare the crap out of me though.

That was quite tops, Sir. Watched it thrice in a row.

And like everyone else, I hate/am petrified by clowns.

But you got a pretty mouth, boy.

By the way, a point of interest: the canister of laughing gas he's addicted to says 'Smilex'. It had to be Smilex.

I don't know why everybody says clowns are creepy are scary.... But I do now!

Eat your heart out, Pennywise! :clap:

Did you voice it as well? You sport a pretty clean accentless English... unlike, say, Marek, the creator of Voot.

¬ ¬ ¬

Yeah, it's 100% me, except for the music which comes from the really nice movie Willard. I've always been into doing voices so faking an accent is no big deal. I didn't know Marek had a case of bad Dutch accent creeping into his English. Tell me about Voot.

Yeah, it's 100% me, except for the music which comes from the really nice movie Willard. I've always been into doing voices so faking an accent is no big deal. I didn't know Marek had a case of bad Dutch accent creeping into his English. Tell me about Voot.

Teachj me to loosj terribiel Dutts accent, pleasj!

--Erwin

I didn't know Marek had a case of bad Dutch accent creeping into his English. Tell me about Voot.
It is not bad. It was just thicker in person than I expected it to be. I blame his good control of the written language for these expectations of mine.

I have a fairly ridiculous accent myself, not a typical Serbian accent, it is somewhere between generic Yankee English and Ukrainian.

I want to see a Death of a Clown next, otherwise I can never sleep again.

Originally, the project was actually named Death of a Clown. And in it's original draft it was more of a cinematic movie about clown-clochards hiding in alleys in a totalitarian city, lamenting their fate. And in the final act (it had acts) there would be white vans to take them all in a giant clown-razzia. Back then, the idea of a clown-razzia made me laugh.

But it was too big a project for the allotted time, so I completely changed it. And then it kind of struck me that it wasn't about the death of a clown anymore, but his birth.

Don't worry though. There will be an unofficial sequel to this, no matter the form, and it'll be called Death of a Clown. It just won't be here for another ten years, give or take a few. Be patient.

This animation is a weird one. More like a, well... don't know what it is. If you're interested: it involves clowns and possible madmen. And my facial features.

Birth of a Clown (50 MB)

Dear GOD! ;( :\

MOM!