Nick

Darren Brown amusing arcade nause

excellent.

A friend told me about this a while ago. I reckon in the bit between the pub and the venue, the guy was hypnotized so he subconcsiously knew what to expect.

I find it strange that his friends don't say anything or object to his abduction. It's as if they're being hypnotized too...

I find it strange that his friends don't say anything or object to his abduction. It's as if they're being hypnotized too...

Yeah, I agree... They could at least chime in with "Hey there!" or something, when he just grabs the guy and drags him into the street, where the poor bastard is tied down. I couldn't stop giggling, just from thinking about the concept in itself, but man... that's is really a shitty thing to do to someone. Hopefully he won't be mentally scarred and subconsciously frightened of video games in the future. :erm:

By the way, was anyone else reminded of Killer 7 when they showed you the game in question? Seemed pretty similar in both style and gameplay.

Am I the only one who thinks it could be fake? I mean they got some pretty good camera shots in the hospital building considering that they're all supposed to be hidden.

Everything posted on the internet and shown on TV could possibly be fake (well, mostly everything). I enjoy sometimes mixing my cyncism with pure gullibility, things always seem so much more fun that way. Trying to dissect every single thing I view is very tiring in the long run, after all.

As a counter-argument; the cameras available today are getting pretty tiny, so it is plausible that they were hidden from view (it could also be hard to find hidden cameras when not actively looking for them).

(Am I the only one who wanted to go into a long rant about the perception of reality, instead of answering the above question?)

Oh no, it would be easy to get high quality shots (and a higher resolution :shifty:) with small cameras. Just seems like a load of shit that's all.

I was just responding to LeChimp with the camera remark.

But yeah, I agree about it seeming very fake. Still doesn't detract all the fun from it though.

The presenter is a pretty cool guy. But that is so obviously fake!

When I started watching, I had no idea about what I was to expect. That personality is unknown here in NZ, and the intro was interesting enough to make me think it was about to be some sort of earnest social experiment.

The technician revealed that he was not a real technician in his dimwitted reply to the hosts question.

The presenter revealed his lack of integrity, when he starts pretending that he and the techie are controlling the computer game "Make him progress slowly" etc.

The subject revealed his by the way he played the game and didn't comment on how crap it was, or didn't put the gun right up to the glass to shoot things.

And then the trance. :rolleyes: it got silly after that.

I guess it was interesting for all it was worth. I'm glad it entertained some people.

I'm sure the whole thing didn't go down quite the way it was edited, since that's the way it is with hypnotism as shown on TV (in fact it is illegal in the UK to show the full process of hypnosis on TV). But Derren Brown has a good rep. He's part hypnotist, part "mind reader" and part magician. He's very good at directing peoples thoughts through subliminal messages in his dialogue, and he is one of the best in the world at hypnotising people without them knowing (only works on some people, but they edit out all the failures).

I guess it was interesting for all it was worth. I'm glad it entertained some people.

Said the person with the Tarzan 2 avatar :grin:

I'm having a hard time believing that the "victim" fell for it, I've never used a real weapon and I don't play that many shooters, but thay gun sounded pretty fake to me.... :shifty:

Is it fake? It's better be, because if not he could get into lots of trouble for pulling this kind of stunt...

He supposedly thought he was in the game though, and we all know how bad gun sounds can be in games.