Marek

Nintendo, I love you.

"Harrison then confirmed that past-gen, Nintendo-created titles will indeed be downloadable for !!~~ free ~~!!." (Link. Emphasis, colors and festive typography are mine.)

FUCK YEAH!!! :pwned:

:clap::woohoo::yep::tup::kiss: :9~ *D:wtf::partyhat:

this following seems like hype but hmmm: "Beginning by referring to Nintendo's next-gen chances, Harrison confidently claimed, "Revolution will have no real problem standing up to [PS3 and Xbox 360]," keenly pointing out that, while Sony and Microsoft have laid their cards on the table, Nintendo is yet to actually reveal its final specs, regardless of what has been said by the press."

Everybody was right all along, I was wrong, Nintendo is the best, sorry I admit everything sorry.

Sweet! Now, will we be able to download all those obscure NES games that time has forgotten or only games made by Nintendo themselves? :erm:

:worship::shroom::worship:

:woohoo::yep::grin::hah::clap::sartre::ancient::period::worship::P:):wtf::innocent::D:woohoo:

This is the most awesome news in the history of awesomeness.

Sweet! Now, will we be able to download all those obscure NES games that time has forgotten or only games made by Nintendo themselves?

Marek's E3 article, which came before any sort of "free" announcement, said first and second party, I believe. Maybe only first party will be free, though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sweet! Now, will we be able to download all those obscure NES games that time has forgotten or only games made by Nintendo themselves? :erm:

:worship::shroom::worship:

All will have the capacity to be downloaded. Nintendo-developed titles (and, I presume, second-party titles) will be free. Third-party titles will be downloadable at the publisher's discretion; they might charge for them, they might include them as a bonus in new games, etc.

It would be funny if you could download all of the old classics but have to play them with a bizzaro squishy controller. That would be boss.

They could even make vintage controllers (wireless?) specifically for playing the old games. Or a base station that takes all the old controller inputs.

I wonder if you have to pay a yearly fee to get online like XBL. Anyone knows?

They said before that access to their online service would be free.

The transcendental truth is that this is the only worthy console in the upcoming generation.

Yes, I was wrong too. Nintendo is the winner.

Although the nostalgia factor is kind of lost on me because I never had a Nintendo system except the GameBoy, on which I only played 4 games: Tetris, Mystic Quest (some FF game) and Zelda: Link's Awakening (I think -- it was the one with the sleeping Windfish) and some platformer. The FF and Zelda were fucking amazing though, especially at the time, and that Tetris is still one of the best ever. I have especially fond memories of Mystic Quest.

It will be awesome...

I like this idea. I was leaning towards a PS3... but given that gen 1 Sony consoles have a bad habit of exploding, catching fire, and crapping out, *dramatization, may not have happend* I think I'll go with the Revolution.

:shifty: