Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Job seeks programmer (for Dutchies only)

The company I work at is looking for a new programmer to join their game development team.

Programmers have been known to exist in these parts, so I thought I might help my co-workers by posting the job listing here. (Sorry if this is of no interest to you.)

:legalese:

Here it goes:

Games Programmeur.

Met een klein, ervaren team zijn we onlangs begonnen aan de opzet van een nieuwe game. Omdat we binnenkort willen uitbreiden, zijn we op zoek naar een assertieve game programmeur die er ongelooflijk veel zin in heeft en goed bij ons team aansluit.

De volgende kenmerken zijn belangrijk:

• Ervaring met C++ en OO programmeren.

• Ervaring met C# is een pre.

• Een assertieve en enthousiaste instelling.

• Gestructureerd werken.

• Ervaring met sound en/of tool programming is een pre.

• Game ervaring is een pre (PC of Console)

Bij Woedend! Games zal je verantwoordelijk zijn voor:

• Het programmeren, testen, debuggen en documenteren van onderdelen van het spel.

• Meedenken bij de uitwerking van bepaalde spelonderdelen.

• Het halen van deadlines / milestones.

• Samenwerking met de verschillende disciplines binnen het team.

Woedend Games! biedt je een unieke kans om binnen een compact startend bedrijf iets bijzonders in Nederland op te bouwen.

Woedend Games!

Woedend! Games is een nieuw gamesbedrijf met ervaren mensen, gevestigd in het centrum van Amsterdam. We hebben de ambitie om binnen enkele jaren uit te groeien tot een gamestudio waar triple A spellen gemaakt worden. We gaan hiervoor met een overzichtelijk en professioneel team een solide basis opzetten.

Dingen weten? Solliciteren?

Mike van der Voort

email: mike [at] woedend.nl

Yeah, raw words.

He Marek,

could you tell us a little bit more about woedend?

What games are you currently working at, and what's your involvement?

I assume you develop console titles?

Btw, I'm not looking for a job, I'm just curious about this company with this vague internet site.

Jaap

I'm curious too, but I doubt they'll speak up about their big plans =)

I'm not a programmer myself, but I know one. I'll have him take a look at this.

Well... there's the regular Woedend!, and Woedend! Games, which is a new company that shares the same office space.

Woedend! Games is working on an undisclosed PC title. It's not a typical "hardcore gamer" game. It's for a very different (young) target audience. Based on what I've seen they're doing an amazing job with it. The guys on the team have a lot of industry experience and it shows. I am not on that project though. I work on different web-based games at the regular Woedend!

The atmosphere here is superb. We had our 5 year celebration recently and it made me smile and feel priveledged for being a part of it. I especially like the management. They have a sense of humor and a great "no bullshit" mentality, probably because (as the weird name of the company suggests) they started the company sort of on a drunken whim and gradually built it up from there. No crazy startup capital or anything, just a lot of hard, honest work.

The company I work at is looking for a new programmer to join their game development team.

This sounds very interesting indeed! And I thank Rodi for bringing it to my attention.

I fear, however, that I don't have the expertise to be considered for the job.

I've worked with C++/DirectX (I have three "Game Development Series" books) off and on for only a couple of years, I worked with Java and Object pascal for a while too.

Aside from lacking the skills, I'm still in school (2nd year of college). I plan on majoring in Software Engineering.

Sounds like a great oppertunity, though. Damn shame.

Of course you can still drop 'em a note in case there's internship positions available.

I just got my work schedule for Monday and the first thing it says is APPLE PIE MEETING 09:30, EVERYONE ATTEND.

Mmm, apple pie.

Cool, maybe I'll do that.

Mmm, apple pie.

Do you guys like brownies? I bake brownies on occasion and I've been told they're great.

Do you guys like brownies? I bake brownies on occasion and I've been told they're great.

Hey, that's a good one! I should use that when applying for a job :):yep:

--Erwin

yeah well I was a Café Balzac (like Starbucks) and they had what looked like delicious brownies so I went for it, but it turned out they hadn't actually baked them fully, and THAT was awfull!

Mike van der Voort

email: mike [at] woedend.nl

¬¬

Please tell me the "r" is a typo and this guy's name is in fact Mike van der Voot...