Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

GTA Double Pack

So I'm thinking strongly about getting this. The Double Pack version because I don't have a PS2 and also I'm the only person who's never played any of the GTA games (well, #2, actually, but... eh) and so it's pretty convenient for me that way. Almost as if it was designed for people exactly in my situation!

I've pretty much made up my mind, but what I want to know is if anyone has this or knows how it is compared to the other versions. I know Kingz pointed out in one thread the graphical shittiness of the Vice City PC port compared to the PS2 version, which I know is something that would drive me fucking crazy*. Gamespot, Gamespy, et al, are typically unhelpful. I know about the inherent awfulness of analog stick aiming compared to a mouse, but I'm kind of willing to live with that. So... the Xbox version? Anyone?

*a driving pun in a GTA thread?! Oh man!!

I've played the Xbox double pack and it was great. Vice City doesn't seem to have the strange graphical nosedive apparently found on the PC. Controls were fine too. By all accounts, the Xbox versions are the best versions of GTA3 and Vice City around. I haven't played them extensively on the other platforms, but they looked and played excellent, so I'd say: go for it.

San Andreas PC/Xbox versions out very soon, hopefully those will be good ports.