DanJW

Boycott Star Wars III

This is the first time I care about this movie as much as I care about the next movie... In fact, I don't even have to boycott it. I could just rent it on video and it'll be good enough for me.

Well you can obviously do as you please, but to me these movies are what "Going to the Movies" is all about. These are the kind of films you really should see on the big screen!

Jaero, meet bandwagon. Fucking awesome movie, especially compared to Episodes I and II. I've seen it twice already, which is rare (as is me watching movies in theaters at all). If I see it again, I think I might cry. ;( I can't get that last battle out of my fucking head.

Also, Ewan McGregor kicks ass.

I would like to say that I think General Grievous is a ridiculously awesome cartoon villain. I mean, "Time to ABANDON SHIP!" and everything? Hilarious.

Just got back from seeing it myself a few hours ago. Overall, I thought it was pretty darn good, though not the second coming of George Lucas everyone is portraying it as.

And I have to say, the whole beginning war \ action scene with saving the soon-to-be-Emperor was one of the most boring series of events I've seen in a movie this year. There was absolutely no sense of danger at all anywhere in there. The main characters showed no fear, concern, or even the slightest interest in what was going on around them. Anakin and Kenobi just twirled their light sabers idly in a general direction of an enemy and trotted away. Just fell out of an elevator shaft at high speed? Let's just get up and walk off like nothing happened. Humm dee deee!

And another thing, since when are all the Droids so goofy? I've been purposefully avoiding Episodes 1 and 2 since initially seeing them in theaters, but I don't think I recall all of the Republic battle bots being such goofy enemies.

But after that, it was all good. :grin:

Man, this movie was such bullshit. I saw it with much of the Thumbs Crew and we were literally laughing through a good portion of it, it was so absurd. Getting into my myriad problems with the film would take some time, so I'll wait until someone mentions something I can latch onto, then I'll respond at far too great length. :shifty:

KOTOR was better.

Yeah, definitely.

I sometimes wonder (I actually never wonder this) if the prequels would have been better if they'd just been three totally seperate movies from the original trilogy set four thousand years or so ago like KOTOR. No plot stuff in common or anything like that.

But then that wasn't really the problem with the prequels and that wasn't what was great about KOTOR. So ...meh.

Rarely do I watch a movie and think, 'I could've written this better.' Usually my opinions are binary, either it works as it is, or it doesn't. I feel like Lucas has fucked up an opportunity. Or three.

Rarely do I watch a movie and think, 'I could've written this better.' Usually my opinions are binary, either it works as it is, or it doesn't. I feel like Lucas has fucked up an opportunity. Or three.

Yeah, I agree with you. There were so many dumb, amateur mistakes during Episode III that after five other Star Wars movies they really should have learned what works and what doesn't by now. Like the 'nooo!' example which is a joke that got beaten to death really fast but is still a valid example of something that should not be in any movie ever.

Something else that comes to mind is the battle on Kashyyyk which is thoroughly irrelevent and exists solely to give Chewbacca a completely useless cameo.

Something else that comes to mind is the battle on Kashyyyk which is thoroughly irrelevent and exists solely to give Chewbacca a completely useless cameo.

I think it was more because Lucas couldn't afford Wookies in ROTJ, so he threw them in here. I do agree it's completely pointless, though.

I saw it, it's probably the dumbest thing I've seen since Be Cool (it doesn't have half of the idiocy of Be Cool, but nothing does). The dialogue was laughable, story was a usual predictable clich'e, and those cuts with those '70s-esque lines what's the deal with those anyway?

The only Star Wars movie I kinda liked is the first (or fourth, it's very confusing). The odd part is that I can't imagine my life without it, without Star Wars there wouldn't be LucasArts and without LucasArts who knows how adventure games would have been (not that Lucas had an essential part in those, but he is the money)? And great things like Spaceballs wouldn't exist. I hate feeling like I'm in debt to something that I hate, but I can't imagine my life without Star Wars.

Anyway, I found this today:http:www.sithsense.com/flash.htm

Darth Vader will read your mind in 20 questions or less in this Burger King add. It took him 23 to guess that I'm thinking of a pencil, and it took him exactly 20 (with a little help from a friend) to guess that my brother was thinking of a dingo (the animal, not my Idle Thumbs name). I beat the system!

Darth Vader will read your mind in 20 questions or less in this Burger King add. It took him 23 to guess that I'm thinking of a pencil, and it took him exactly 20 (with a little help from a friend) to guess that my brother was thinking of a dingo (the animal, not my Idle Thumbs name). I beat the system!

Burger King has the coolest online games. Have you guys seen the Subservient Chicken?

It took 20 questions to guess that I was thinking of a Koala. I admit I was little surprised, because both the questions and some of my answers were pretty vague. Also: I dig the clapping storm trooper and Boba Fett in the background.

Tee, I stumped him. "Rancor" wasn't one of the animal options apparently, but now it will probably be in the database.

Burger King has the coolest online games. Have you guys seen the Subservient Chicken?

I told him to eat chicken and he did a little bow.

I told him to play Nintendo and I think he gave me the finger.

I told him to listen to The Beatles and he looked at me funny.

I told him to watch Rushmore and he did something that I can't explain.

I told him to do a backflip and he did.

At least he did a backflip.

He failed to guess that I was thinking of a wolverine :fart:

The Burger King (I presume) came along and whispered in his ear at one point, it was... rather frightening.

Maybe he doesn't have any of those things.

He will pee on the couch though.

Hey! He does. I knew it was a male chicken (or rooster).

I am really confused by a lot of the visual design choices in the film, such as:

- Why the Trade Fed/Seperatist droids switched from sleek AG-tanks to weird pseudo-steampunky buzzsaw and paddlesteamerwheel designs?

- Why the clone forces use X-Wing precursors, and the Jedi use TIE-Fighter precursors (seems a bit backwards...)?

- Why the capital ships scenes have this "ship-of-the-line" feel, with the breech-loading turbolaser batteries, when the Ep4-6 ships had a much more "slick" design?

Seems like a case of botched "retroactive foreshadowing" to me.

...the clone forces use X-Wing precursors, and the Jedi use TIE-Fighter precursors (seems a bit backwards...)
This is because the the Empire evolves from the Republic. Since the Jedi serve said Republic, their starfighters will be in the same developmental family tree as the TIEs.

This is because the the Empire evolves from the Republic. Since the Jedi serve said Republic, their starfighters will be in the same developmental family tree as the TIEs.

I saw two Jedi fighters and squadrons of the pseudo-X-Wing-things - which I expect is because there were vastly more clone starfighter pilots than Jedi...

Did the Empire decide to totally change the basic design philosophy?

Why would they abruptly change to using the same patterns as the (presumably) vastly less common Jedi starfighter?

Seems badly considered to me. :I