DanJW

Boycott Star Wars III

I meant to start this a while ago, but my internet access is currently somewhat limited. I was wondering about the best way to tell George Lucas and co just how dissapointing the prequals have been. Problem is whenever someone brings it up, they just point to the massive ticket sales.

And therein lies the answer. Now, I know I'm not going to convince anyone to -not- see the film, but if you hated episodes 1 and 2 then consider waiting a few days before seeing it. Seeing how important opening weekend sales are to film executives, a less than sold-out opening weekend ought to get the message across.

So yes, boycott the opening weekend, and get everyone you know to do the same. Pass it on.

PS if you have absolutely no interest in Star Wars one way or the other, then I can ony express puzzlement as to why you are reading this thread :D

No. Mostly because I actually wasn't that disappointed with the movies when I saw them, but I guess also because nerd-ish boycotts just for the sake of complaining piss me off a bit. It doesn't goddamn matter.

I already got the tickets for opening night over here, but with me not being in The United States of America, I guess my actions in this won't matter much any way.

well I sure can't wait for Hayden Christensen to put on the mask, so I don't have to witness his stupid ass face any more! God that was the worst casting-decision in movie history! Nothing is right with that guy, wish he had stayed in his god damn rehab camp!

There are alot of other things that should be getting boycott precedence over Episode 3.

Plus, if you don't see it early you're bound to have someone tell you the best bits in detail before you get to the theater.

Plus Episode 3 is apparently the least shitty of the prequels. ... That is of course saying nothing at all, but I'll be going down with the ship just like everyone else. Probably not on opening night though, since E3 exists.

The only way I'll see it opening night is if Thumbs takes an E3 trip to see it. Failing that, I suspect I won't even see it in theatres, and I'm certainly not going to make any effort to do so. I've missed a lot of stuff in the last year I meant to see in theatres, and going the extra mile for friggin Episode III of all things would just seem wrong on principle.

THAT is awesome, finally someone's doing it... better late then never! I guess there might still be time to do the sequels once George is out of the way...I bet we can get Spielberg to do it... oh wait, AI ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

That twat is getting none of my money. There are other ways to see this film :hmph:

Except he only produces Indy 4, some other guy wrote the script based on some Lucas' ideas, and then Spielberg directs it.

But I seriously hope Jake Lloyd ain't gonna be the young Indy in the movie. Man that guy sucks even more than Hayden Christensen...

aw shit you serious? they are makeing a "yound indy" movie? why? lord, why? armageddon here we come!

George Lucas is a very warm and friendly guy, and he's my father, so I refuse to boycott the movie.

--Erwin

aw shit you serious? they are makeing a "yound indy" movie? why? lord, why? armageddon here we come!

Harrison Ford is going to be in it, but Lucas has said in interviews that he'd also like to have a young Indy in it.

Boycott episode 3? Are you insane, man? I've waited my entire life to see this movie!

I'm a big Lucas defender. Episode 1 and 2 were entertaining movies. Were they the greatest thing ever? No. But I had fun.

This ain't Shakespeare people, it's Star Wars. The original three movies had terrible acting and dialogue too. Get over yourselves.

and just for the record a few of the things the original trilogy had and the new one doesn't:

-an actual interesting original plot

-believable characters

-believable characterdevelopment

-content worth mentioning

-Harrison Ford

-not JarJar Binks

-a good cast

-ok direction

-ok dialogues

all in all. we deserved more consideration. we deserved more care.

this should have been the best scifi thing ever!

and george just comes out and goes all "it's my property I do whatever I please!"

WTF! It just doesn't feel like he was taking enough care, the bond of trust in the only worthwhile spacesaga has been shattered without Lucas so much as batting an eye. If nothing else he owes his fans an apology for squandering their dreams. Now he's all like "wow, so happy I got it over with..." Gee, somebody hit me if I am wrong, but to me making those movies seems like the greatest chance possible in movie history! The plots could have had so many nice twists and turns, Anakin Skywalker is one of the most interesting characters of Shakespearean proportions! But no, he felt burdened!? If it was such a burden why not hand over the reins from the start and take up a position as advisor and exec. producer? To me, I am sorry to say, there is no way Lucas can ever redeem himself after this. Better these movies had never been made and the imagionation of all the originals' fans not be blemished than this.

The difference between the two trilogies?

The first one was a monumental achievement in not only cinematography and special effects, but also in storytelling.

The second one is just another movie trilogy. Nothing special except for the original fanbase. With a script and motivation like this, no studio would have given the "go-ahead" for something like this if it wasn't the prequel to one of the greatest achievements in movie history. And that to me says it all!

[EDIT: Sorry for the rant, but I had to get this off my chest... :)]

weellll Ford made them funnier, cause he didnt take any of it seriously, but I really don't see that big a difference in the old and new ones RE plot, character development, direction, cast...

the world is better off with star wars in it.