Lucky

How about a raiders of the lost ark game?

Can anyone tell me if there's ever been a raiders of the lost ark game made?

Thank you alot, I'll check those titles out.

Your a beautiful bundle of infomation, and today youve done yourself some justice.

thanks

All it took was typing "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Indiana Jones" into mobygames :mock:

lol..next time just take the complement it makes me feel good to be able to say nice things about someone, even if those things are flase or proven wrong.

I still think your smart, and will someday tell me something that I never knew but it'll be soemthing that makes you look smart. :mrt::mrt:

thanks again.. :mrt::mrt:

What the hell, stop saying Botta bing botta dang because it doesn't make any sense at all and the overuse of Mr. Ts scares me. But if you are going to do it, at least make it your signature so you don't have to manually type it every time.

I have Raiders of the Lost Ark for Atari 2600, it's the closest thing you'll find to an adventure game on a Atari 2600. You actually need a second joystick to move around in the inventory.

It's of the best games for Atari 2600 and one of the best ones too!

Last year, I modelled a an indiana jones character with a fully articulating jacket, and a few supporting characters, all in the same cartoony style (looks so much cooler than going for realism).

I stuck him in an adventure game that I did using AGS ( www.adventuregamestudio.com). AGS is ok, but everytime you make a tiny change, you need to wait thirty seconds to re-compile it. It was just taking too long to debug, so I shelved the game after the first puzzle room. Mail me privately for the demo if you like.

Speaking of AGS, I wish it would allow 3D characters to be placed over 2D backgrounds.

I believe you're looking for Wintermute.

Also, 30 seconds to compile in AGS? Are you using a C64 or something? :eek:

Speaking of AGS, I wish it would allow 3D characters to be placed over 2D backgrounds.

Couldn't you just prerender them?

Adding 3d characters to AGS would be quite easy, few days work maybe, but that would look even worse than prerendering. Tacking on 3d to a 2d game engine will never work well. Wintermute does this and it looks awful. If you're thinking Grim Fandango style, well that's just not how it works. Grim's logic is all 3d, just happens to have 2d backdrops.

I promise to have my 3d adventure game engine ready by... the end of the year, I have a 2d (vehicle physics action pretty) game I'm urgently making before then. (offer of programming support for 3d adventures is always there, we shook on it, Rusalka!).

AGS is for making old school-looking stuff. If you really want to use 3d characters, I would just use another engine.

But personally, I don't want to use 3d characters... it just adds another level of technical complexity that I don't want to bother with.