Sign in to follow this  
BaconIsGood4You

Just saw Leon: The Professional

...and wow...One of the best movies I've ever seen. Action is great, story is compelling, acting is phemomenal, and I just built up an emotional attactment to the characters. Simply amazing...

GO SEE IT IF YOU HAVE NOT YET (and are of age due to violence, minor drug use, cursing, and sexual themes) AND IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SEE IT AGAIN!

Oh yeah, see the uncut international version because the local version has some GREAT scenes that establish relations cut.

I'd be weary of the new DVD release of it. Go read IGN's write-up about it. If there is one thing IGN is good for, it is pretty damn good DVD reviews.

Basically they say it is not really any better than the previous international edition, which is cheaper, and pretty good in its own right. :yep:

Is there anyone over 18 who hasn't seen Leon/The Proffessional? I find the idea most upsetting. One of the best films ever.

Yeah, you should see the uncut version if you haven't already. When it was brought into the UK it had about 20-30 minutes chopped out of it, most of which dealt with Leon's relationship with the girl. It was really fucking good.

Damned UK and its peadophile hysteria.

how long is the extended version? i don't know which one I have....

Yeah, you should see the uncut version if you haven't already. When it was brought into the UK it had about 20-30 minutes chopped out of it, most of which dealt with Leon's relationship with the girl. It was really fucking good.

Damned UK and its peadophile hysteria.

This uncut version contains 24 minutes of extra footage deemed too explicit for the American audience...

Hmmmmmm... :erm:

as far as I know, the longer and better version is the "director's cut" and was not shown anywhere untill years after the original release. I believe that those scenes were cut originally for the sake of brevity. So it does not have anything to do with the UK specifically. Great movie!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

EDIT:

A longer director cut, retitled 'Leon: version integrale' has been re-released in French cinemas on June 26, 1996. This version is 26 minutes longer than the previously release version and features all sequences that were removed from the film after disastrous tests with L.A. preview audiences.[/Quote]

Because of all this Leon talk, I went and ordered the deluxe edition from dvdsoon.

It's been a long time since I've last seen the movie, something like 6-7 years.

yeah it looks really promising to me.

but as always with these kind of "wing-chung-meets-plot" movies it remains to be seen wether or not the actors are able to pull it off. I always thought that Jet Li could be the best chance of a martial artist with some real acting promise. Well we shall see. Morgan Freeman and Bob "I AM MARIO" Hoskins so those should be solid performances...

I really liked Kiss of the Dragon so this should be nice!

Damn, it turns out I had the uncut version all along. At least the version I've been downloading for some days now has better quality.

My Leon deluxe edition still hasn't shipped, hmmm... :deranged:

My Leon deluxe edition still hasn't shipped, hmmm... :deranged:

Apparently you'll never get anything you order from the internet ever (psychonauts, now this)

Any of you see the previews for Luc Besson's next film, "Unleashed"?

Huhu, Luc Besson isn't directing this one, he's just the screenwriter, and god does he suck in this role! Man,thank god that you live out of France and are spared from all the shitty productions he's been throwing to the market for years (Taxi II & III, Wasabi, Banlieu 13, Yamakazi... the list goes on and on) being he screenwriter in each case. These movies are so bad and so ignorant that it would make any intelligent viewer angry.

Anyway, Unleashed (aka Danny the Dog in french :shifty:) is a little above the past Besson's productions : visually it's polished and obviously research, the acting is not bad but, hell, the script is just once again completely immature, the emotionnal scenes just make you want to smash your brain against the wall so that it stops.

About Leon, it is the best Besson so far in my opinion but it's far from being a masterpiece.