Sign in to follow this  
Nick

xbox 360 design

What I wanna know is, why the hell are people so obsessed with size?

For the first year of its life, you couldn't enter a gaming forum without seeing "LOL but xbox is sew hueg!"

I remember that, yes. Now it's like 4 years later, and there are excellent games on it, and Xbox Live has a thriving community. And PS2 STILL CAN'T get its pathetic ass to improve its online component, and the Cube....well, you know all about them. I mean, WTF?

I'm not necessarily saying that MS are the king of consoles, but they are certainly doing as much as possible to foster a strong console lifestyle community on a global scale, welcoming strong developers onboard, and allowing gamers (and everyone else!) to create a more personalized and multifaceted experience for themselves.

I'm not necessarily saying that MS are the king of consoles, but they are certainly doing as much as possible to foster a strong console lifestyle community on a global scale, welcoming strong developers onboard, and allowing gamers (and everyone else!) to create a more personalized and multifaceted experience for themselves.

Yeah, but xbox is so HUEG LOL

[squeaky voiced blonde bimbo pr0nstar babe] :erm: Um, okay. I'll buy it. It's sooooo.......big! Ummm....I don't know, does it get even bigger if I play with it more? [/squeaky voiced blonde bimbo pr0nstar babe]

after all we are talking about three times the processing power of a mac G5, and those don't come in those teenie tiny boxes...

If it has three times the processing power of a G5, why not use it for something other than games?

PS I call the next easiest-joke-setup ever for a punch-line that uses hardware as a sexual reference.

Is that the PS3? That is beautiful, like sculpture. I love both of them, really.
"This is a PS3 i designed just for fun... But somehow it became kind of famous as more and more people thought this was actually a picture of a prototype coming directly from Sony, and this picture was then displayed in many magazine... rather funny" - http://www.omind.net/data/ps3.htm

Hmm...apparently, seeing is not believing. :erm: I shall not believe untill I actually touch the holes in their controller ports! :grin:

Hmm...apparently, seeing is not believing. :erm: I shall not believe untill I actually touch the holes in their controller ports! :grin:

Will inserting your penis in the infrared wireless receiver be adequate?

Speaking of wireless, would they really use infrared? Doesn't strike me as the best wireless device. Wouldn't bluetooth or something not requiring a line of view from controller to console be better? (By the way, they definitely won't have the hard drive in a wireless controller. Also, controllers tend to take more abuse than the consoles, so it's probably not the best place to put it.)

Also, maybe they should make the fake Xbox360 round instead of the fake PS3.

I want that mac! Only the price scares me. The cheaper version costs $666.66.

I concurrrrrrrrrr

even though I am still probably in all likelihood going to possibly get one... maybe

Is that a camera?

Well, anyway, those looks like prototypes, but it does give a better idea about size and scale. We'll just have to see what it really looks like on thursday.

I wonder who's leaking these pictures?!

Geez, it's a Video Game Console, who friggin cares how it looks?

That's one fancy looking toaster.

Reminds me more of a blender actually.

Correct.

But even so it looks fine, stfu haters.

well it certainly doesn't have that PSP factor, that's for sure.

Not that that would be important given that it will sit at home

all the time... but still, it could be a lot better!

I want mine to look fabulous, girlfriend!

For the same reason as to why I wouldn't hang this on my walls:

http://www.museumofbadart.org/collection/portraiture-1.html

But that's (ARGUABLY) a piece of art... Its sole purpose (ARGUABLY) is one of aesthetic. It dosen't have to do anything else. I don't think it's comparable at all.
Would you buy a hot pink round with plaid tv if it was functionally the same as a sleek black one? A pox on those that say design doesn't matter.
I guess not, but I think I can trust Microsoft to not release a garish hot pink round with plaid Xbox. For me, as long as it's a fairly solid color and a vaguely reasonable size, I really don't care.

I guess not, but I think I can trust Microsoft to not release a garish hot pink round with plaid Xbox. For me, as long as it's a fairly solid color and a vaguely reasonable size, I really don't care.

But will it fit seamlessly with your minimalist lounge? The horror if it doesn't!

But will it fit seamlessly with your minimalist lounge? The horror if it doesn't!

Nothing aside from a featureless box would fit into a minimalist lounge.