MrHoatzin

Psychonauts hate thread

Haha. They just shipped mine with all 5 disks, thank God. Really, if they hadn't I would have had it returned and jumped onto the return flight armed with a scythe.

You like to keep it where your heart used to be, etc.

I'd just like to add another PC 'I don't have all five discs' whine. I'm amazed other people even in this forum seem to have had that kind of trouble.

My Gamestop pre-order arrived on Monday, with two copies of Disc 2, and no Disc 4. This made the game uninstallable, but I called those Texans and asked them what was up, and we sorted it out. I did get that nice tie-dyed T-shirt though, it's great. I wore it when I went out to vote today, spreading the word over the pond.

Whoever was putting the discs in boxes needs to wake up, but DVD would have avoided these problems. Seems odd how PC game distribution still hasn't really jumped on DVD at this point. I can't imagine that a lot of people's computers don't have some kind of DVD drive, if they're new enough to be able to run new games.

Anyway, I finally get to play Psychonauts after several years of patiently waiting for them to hone it to Excellence. Hurrah!

I don't have a DVD drive, but that is because my pc is a Frankenstein monster of sorts, created from scratch with quite a few reused components.

I guess they just wanted to ensure that everyone can actually play it by not providing the game via a format they can't use (although obviously the point was defeated with GameStop's supplies seemingly being a bit borked). I mean with more high profile games they can afford to exclude some people, but Psychonauts obviously has to be treated with a little more care.

wow... you look so... ...dutch? :erm:
You seem to not be able to look directly at the camera...

Heh. It's still playable, so I'm just gritting my teeth through the cutscene stutters, and a bout of driver experiementation has helped the 3D problems to an extent. I still blue screen or freeze every 20 minutes or so, but you know, it's better than nothing. The game runs great apart from that.

Although bgbennyboy has just given me a pointer that may or may not fix the Bink problem. We'll see.

What 3D card are you using?

My Psychonauts just arrived (all discs there, plus shirt), but I still need a graphics card and won't have time to play before leaving for Cannes Sunday.

Thanks to some miraculous help, I got Psychonauts installed yesterday.

I played it for seven hours straight.

The. Best. Game. Ever.

So I couldn't resist. I went to my friend's house and played it for a few hours. Only got to the first two parts of Sasha's brain (the third part looked really cool, but I had had to go get some sleep. I don't want to be a spoiler for those who haven't played yet (ahem), but I will say that I'm impressed with how different the first two brains have been.

ys, did you get past it yet?

I discovered that you don't actually have to do the first knife throwing wheel. The platform that you land on right after you swing of the ribs is situated right below the platform that Oly's is on. Just use levitation and jump up there. The wheels are really just a matter of timing. Double jump shortly before he throws the knife on the second wheel and you should do just fine. Unfortunately, this part is easy compared to some of the crap you have to do in the boss fight. aghh!! Almost all of the other boss fights were great, why does the last one have to suck so much?!

Also, the bonus clip is a bit disappointing...

I think I need help finding a figment or two...

In Milla's dance party right at the end, there is a figment way up high which I just can't reach, it's too far away too hover! I'm talking about the one near the fan/lamp thing right at the top...

:erm:

Go to the highest platform at the back of the room. There should be a tall speaker in the corner of it. If you already smashed it teleport someplace else and then back again so it's there. Stand on top of it, levitate, and jump onto the high platform straight ahead (the one that should be on the same level as the one you're trying to get too). Now it's just a simple matter of jumping and floating over.

ys, did you get past it yet?

I discovered that you don't actually have to do the first knife throwing wheel. The platform that you land on right after you swing of the ribs is situated right below the platform that Oly's is on. Just use levitation and jump up there. The wheels are really just a matter of timing. Double jump shortly before he throws the knife on the second wheel and you should do just fine. Unfortunately, this part is easy compared to some of the crap you have to do in the boss fight. aghh!! Almost all of the other boss fights were great, why does the last one have to suck so much?!

Also, the bonus clip is a bit disappointing...

Yeah I got past it...

By actually swinging on his sword. I never even thought about levitating to the next platform. doh! That would make it a hell of lot easier..

I did finally get past it after a good sleep. but the rising water part was even harder. but somehow more doable. Must have been me tired after a day of psychonauts :)

Does anyone know where all the kids are located after...

...you collect their brains?

I've been looking for Maloof and Mikhail but I cannot find them anywhere...

Does anyone know where all the kids are located after...

...you collect their brains?

I've been looking for Maloof and Mikhail but I cannot find them anywhere...

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't find them Benny, Crystal, or Clem (or is is Chem? something with a 'c' at least) either. I also hate how you can't see past Elton and Milkah's heads to see what they see you as. Bobby Ziltch's was hilarious despite only being able to see part of it.