MrHoatzin

Psychonauts hate thread

Where'd you get that? Did you make it?
Another screenshot from the demo... which is the only kind of Psychonauts I am familiar with.

:hmph::bomb::fart:

I ordered from ebgames a couple of days ago - but I haven't even got the evil but reassuring mails about them don't having it yet....

It was convenient of Double Fine to go on vacation just as the shit hit the fan.

:ratched: Until the 25th I want to live in Bromden-esque fog.

Who's fault is this? The game is supposed to be released on 19th and we pre-order and we have to wait one week for the game to be shipped. Is it: Majesco's fault? or is it EBGames fault? The last time I pre-ordered Freedom force from Irrational Games, I got it the same exact day it shipped. The wait :fart::fart::fart:

Seeing as nobody has the PC version, the responsibility seems to fall on Majesco's shoulders. If GameStop had it but EB didn't, then you could fault EB's distribution pipeline.

I guess you could blame EB for just bumping the ship date one day at a time, instead of a week like GameStop did, but to me that indicates that they hadn't heard anything from Majesco either, and were just assuming/hoping the shipment got misdirected for a day or two. Now it sounds like they may have heard something more concrete, or have just given up on this week.

I got chewed out by one of the EBGames people on the phone today. I called and asked when it would come out and, once again, I was told tomorrow. I asked if there was another way they could verify this, since they've been telling me "tomorrow" all week long, and the guy yelled at me to come down there and look it up myself. :shifty:

Did you then proceed to tell him to go eat his dick?

No, I just got really flustered and hung up, which isn't normal for me, but I was on a cell phone and didn't feel like having my yells of Psychonaut-less anger bounce across my college campus. Though I'm sure it would have been greasy-sweet.

If it wasn't for those bloody Psychonauts cards I want, I'd tell EB to eat shit and go buy the game from BestBuy or somewhere. :frusty:

My local EBGames has the XBOX version now. If any of you bay area folks want the XBOX version, you can come to Hillsdale mall in San Mateo. The guy said they will have the PC version tomorrow :shifty: On another note Gameinformer gave Psychonauts an 8.75 and a 9.0 and Play magazine gave the PC version of Psychonauts a 9.5 (because of hi-res graphics).

You know what I hate about Psychonauts? I can't stop playing the damn game! I played that sucker for like 7 (very slow) hours today. Geez, I don't want to finish it already... so I had to pull myself out of the xbox. :(

Seriously, though, it think it sucks that you guys are not able to play the game, but you will soon enough and then you'll cry when it's over. And then start playing it again!

Everyone who posted here deserves to get a copy of the game... except for Chris Remo because he already play tested it last year and nobody likes him! :hah:

Bam! :pwned:

i went to the local eb games to get the pc version today and they didn't have it either. we've all been deceived. i suspect microsoft or count dooku had something to do with it.

So I went to Blockbusters and rented the Xbox version which I promptly proceeded to play on my roommate's machine.

Man, I've been waiting for this game three plus years, idolising everything about it like some... idolater... and now finally I have it, my precious.... I am not disappointed in the least... on the contrary.

This is not really a spoiler. :shifty:

I'm going to have to rent it and find an Xbox or something as well. Argh. Can't they at least send me my shirt so I can feel like I have the game? It's very strange when the game you've been wishing would come out already finally comes out and you still haven't played the damn thing (past the demo)!

I'm going to be so busy now, i don't anticipate being able to play until the end of May, after I get back from Cannes.

Has anyone bothered to e-mail Majesco to see what's up? They'd probably respond as they seem to be pretty good with that.

So... who has the honor of writing the Thumbs review? Kingz? :ancient:

Has anyone bothered to e-mail Majesco to see what's up? They'd probably respond as they seem to be pretty good with that.

So... who has the honor of writing the Thumbs review? Kingz? :ancient:

We don't need no review... :mrt:

Ha! One of you guys should do a photo essay like Spaff did for Doom 3. :pwned:

Better yet, you guys could all take part. Make it a group orgy or something. :shifty:

I emailed Majesco the other day, but haven't gotten a response. Someone on the GameFAQs forums (I think...) did, though, and they said it'll be shipping this Monday for a Tuesday release.

We don't need no review... :mrt:

Sadly, we actually kind of don't. :shifty: Anyone who reads this site and doesn't already very much want the game just isn't going to care.

I bought the Xbox version yesterday at Gamestop when I was in the city, but I just started playing it this morning (I would have played last night but was way too exhausted, went to bed early). I didn't see any PC versions. I traded in 3 games I didn't want anymore (LOTR: Return of The King, Curse: Eye of Isis, and Morrowind), and got got Psychonauts for only $30. The guy asked me if I wanted to join their club for an extra $5 and explained the discounts, so I said okay, what's an extra five bucks. He gave me a free copy of Game Informer.

I think it looks great on the t.v., but then I'm not that demanding. The controls are excellent so far, and seriously, once you get immersed in the world through chatting up the characters and just running around and looking you don't need to obsess over the pixel shading and other shit. If you have Xbox and can't wait, you might as well just it.

I just got out of Oleander's head. That was sweet, but I just know it gets better and better! That last platforming bit in the rotating room was wicked! I'm back at the camp with my first merit badge. But I'm taking a break 'cause my niece kicked me off and is now playing her account (the game allows up to 3 accounts) and showing her friends who just came over. I'm happy she's getting into the game, too. :clap: