Marek

POP3 still generic, still raging

And so again a once-loved gaming classic is dragged off into the depths of repetitive series cash-in. Hopefully God of War will kill it off.

Damnit, did they even read the reviews of the game?

And the hate threads in the UBI forums? There were tons of people expressing their disappointment there, but all the modurators did was cancel their accounts. Ubi$oft sucks ass...

Thank God for freedom of speech, eh?

Well, considering Ubi can't get governments of the world to delete negative posts in any other forum on the Internet but their own, yes, you can thank God if you'd like.

Damnit, did they even read the reviews of the game?

They probably stuck to reading the profit reports.

They probably stuck to reading the profit reports.

Who could blame them ?

Wait... I think ... yeah, I think I can.

Anyway, anyone knows what Jordan Mechner is going to do with the money he surely got from the success of the two recents games ?

At one time I liked Ubisoft. :hmph:

Ubisoft's policy was the the most clever of the industry 2 or 3 years ago : they were producing big games in order to fund riskier games (the first Splinter Cell, BGE, Prince of Persia Sands of Time) and that made a lot of sense on both financial and artistic aspect.

I don't understand why they change their business model.

Who bought it, then?

From what I've heard, far more people than bought SOT. :(

And did all those 1.8 million people want tits and asses, metal thongs, third class rocker music, "You bitch!" every five minutes, and a dark, edgy, goth atmosphere as dreamed up by 11-year-old suburban kids?

I'm just curious if a lot of people bought it because they bought and loved the first one. It is true that the first POP did not sell well at the very beginning but then they bundled it with splinter cell, and the sales for the game reached 2 million copies or more. Could it be that a lot of those people who got it free with splinter cell really enjoyed the first game so they bought the sequel? I mean although it is dark and gritty and gory and hard rock, it's hard to believe that sales will jump so high just by changing the atmosphere. :(

I think the second one did definitely ride in on the press hype and general praise garnered by the first one. But it was more of a "whoa remember that game you didnt buy but everyone was talking about? Well, there's a new one coming out soon and now it's fucking extreme! Way cooler!!" thing, I think.