MrChlorophyll

Quake IV

A plot synopsis:

Earth is under siege by an alien race. The Strogg are cybernetic warriors--a mechanical frame and decaying body parts stabilized by flesh consumed in a systematic annihilation of other species and civilizations. In a desperate attempt to survive a Strogg attack on Earth, an armada of Earth's finest warriors is sent to take the battle to the Strogg home planet. Earth's initial assault force is nearly annihilated immediately, but one marine manages to infiltrate the base, bring down their planetary defense systems, and kill the Strogg's collective brain and leader--the Makron. Earth assumed the destruction of the Makron would end it all, but it didn't.

That's where QUAKE II leaves off and QUAKE 4 begins.

The Strogg are quickly regrouping. However, with the Strogg's planetary defenses still destroyed, Earth's forces can deliver a full and final assault. This time, you're not alone. You are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad, and part of Earth's next invasion wave. An army of soldiers are fighting with you and an arsenal of weapons and vehicles are at your disposal in this heroic and epic battle between worlds.

This game needs a little je ne sais quoi. A bit of savoir-faire, a certain... raison d'etre. Heck, maybe some sucrer les fraises.

Or maybe they should just not bother at all. I'm off to play the Psychonauts demo.

This game needs a little je ne sais quoi. A bit of savoir-faire, a certain... raison d'etre. Heck, maybe some sucrer les fraises.

Or maybe they should just not bother at all. I'm off to play the Psychonauts demo.

Idle Thumb: powered by bias!!

Why are they even trying to put a story in? Why not just "a bunch of guys get together and decide to kill each other"?

Why are they even trying to put a story in? Why not just "a bunch of guys get together and decide to kill each other"?

Because taht was QIII.

All the previous Quake titles have been great, so shut the fuck up the lot of you. I'm only a little worried that QIV wont be quite as good but I'm willing to wait and see.

I was kind of hoping you'd be playing as Bitterman again, the quake 2 ending sort of implied that.

Maybe you mount a rescue mission for him or something.

yeah you're right, out goes my hope for a q3a feel and in comes the dread that I reserve for the things that go wrong because people mean well...

A plot synopsis:

Earth is under siege by an alien race. The Strogg are cybernetic warriors--a mechanical frame and decaying body parts stabilized by flesh consumed in a systematic annihilation of other species and civilizations. In a desperate attempt to survive a Strogg attack on Earth, an armada of Earth's finest warriors is sent to take the battle to the Strogg home planet. Earth's initial assault force is nearly annihilated immediately, but one marine manages to infiltrate the base, bring down their planetary defense systems, and kill the Strogg's collective brain and leader--the Makron. Earth assumed the destruction of the Makron would end it all, but it didn't.

I honestly thought that this plot synopsis was written by you, Kolzig, as a joke. Then I read the same thing in Gamespot, so needless to say I'm mortified, stupefied, and blutified (if that's even a word). They should be ashamed of themselves, ashamed!

Mr. T: I was offered the voice role of the main character, but I turned it down. Even I thought that if I'll accept the role It'll ruin my already ruined career, actions have consequence... fool! :mrt:

Marek, you should seriously consider those self-mocking French interjections as something to be embraced as a journalistic trademark, a grace note if you will.

Do any ID games have a plot anyway? Apart from "Earth is under attack! Fr4gz0rz t3h 1nv4d0rz!" :erm:

Oh yes, some of them have "Mars is under attack! Fr4gz0rz t3h 1nv4d0rz!" and yet in others it is simply "t3h 4r3 |\|4z1z, Fr4gz0rz th3m!"