D.C.

Where will you be... "The Day After Tomorrow"

This movie looks awesome. Popcorn movies kick ass. You people who'd prefer to watch something artsy can stay out of this thread.

I'm sooo gonna watch this in the theatre, and poke fun of the spaceship sized plotholes they obviously will have :)

yay :)

I'd prefer to watch something artsy. HAHA I DISOBEY.

to Jake: also, I totally can't believe you eat at Taco Bell

Roland Emmerich: Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla. That's a good track record. I'd prefer to watch these movies over some political statement, war in Iraq, strange, art house crap. :)

You should watch more political statements, wars in Iraq, and strange art house crap.

Roland Emmerich: Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla. That's a good track record.

I definitely agree on the first two, but Godzilla? That was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

It's gonna suck, but it could be fun!

That almost made sense.

I like Stargate and Independence Day...

And did anyone else see that ten minute trailer on FOX a few weeks ago, that looked pretty sweet with all the tornadoes in Los Angeles.

And did anyone else see that ten minute trailer on FOX a few weeks ago, that looked pretty sweet with all the tornadoes in Los Angeles.

I take it this movie is being distributed by 20th Century Fox? Mr Murdoch's TV channels certainly don't want to shut up about it.

I take it this movie is being distributed by 20th Century Fox? Mr Murdoch's TV channels certainly don't want to shut up about it.

Yeah it's 20th Century FOX.

Roland Emmerich: Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla. That's a good track record.

Haha, I'd call that a pretty lousy track record.

I didn't want to see it, but I ended up seeing it with my dad and brother. It was a terrible movie. The only redeeming parts were when they poked fun at Cheney and the Bush administration for their great environmental policies. The vp even looked like Cheney.

Hey, it wasn't that bad. I was in fact positively surprised, although that may have something to do with the fact that I wasn't expecting much. The effects were cool (New York being destroyed is always entertaining), there weren't any really terrible moments in the movie (as I remember) and the ending wasn't as crap as it had the potential to be. I mean, compared to Will Smith in Independence Day, this was brilliant stuff!

I went to see it, and the special effects were fantastic. Everything else was so-so. Let me put it this way; It didn't bore me for a second.

--Erwin

The dialogue was crap. The characters weren't believable. It was full of pointless subpots. What was with those wolves? Why the heck was it so important for the kid's father to get to New York? It's not like he could single handly save them from the freezing temps. As far as I know he couldn't really do anything that they weren't already doing. Then the entire movie was full of that hero crap that Terry Pratchett so delightfully ridicules.

:fart:

Apropos New York being destroyed and how much fun that is: at the very beginning of the century, but before 911 there came out a slew of really horrible made-for-tv movies about destruction in NY. They all had names like: Volcanoes in NY! Meteors in NY! Floods in NY! Earthquake in NY! and they all featured landmarks falling apart.

I'm so glad I don't like bad Hollywood movies. It makes me feel like someone.

The same with music.

Yeah, bad Hollywood music sucks.

You know, I actually noticed that one...

Hollywood is an attitude. You can find Hollywood anywhere these days.