Sign in to follow this  
lailoken

How "dimitri" is doomed to fail...

Thinking about the "GREAT" (HYPERBOLE) concept of "dimitri" I was just thinking the kind of complexity such a game would have to embrace...

In my case that would be growing up with that TV Show starring Lee Majors... [linkage] no! not that one! [linkage]

you know the one I'm talking about, the one where he is a stuntman and he sings the theme song himself...:eek:

And growing up amongst the total legendary german David Hasselhof hype. My sister actually had one of those fan-books where you could read about David Hasselhoff's favorite icecream and stuff... :shifty:

So that is just a small sample of reasons why I am highly doubtfull any game can reproduce the memorable experience my life has been...

How Dimitri is doomed* to succeed: All of Lionhead's games have been freaky-deaky fun.

I apologise if that statement is far too optimistic for the staff and regular readers of this site.

*Ok, maybe not the best word but just for the sake of being an ass, it'll do.

I apologise if that statement is far too optimistic for the staff and regular readers of this site.

I can't speak for the readers, but many of the staff here are pretty optimistic in the general sense - it's just game to game that we get all bitter. If we just hated games we wouldn't bother having this site - a site whose whole purpose is to let us have fun writing about games.

Anyway as for Dmitri, considering absolutely 0 is known about it except for Molyneux's one excite-o-pitch sentence, I think it's a bit insane to even half-jokingly predict its success or failure. To all-jokingly predict it, sure maybe :)

:oldman::oldman::oldman::oldman::oldman::oldman:

yeah thanks :shifty:

This thread was obviously intended totally serious. Which is why I put it under idle banter... :shifty:

I just thought it would be fun to think about the wacky stuff that has been going on in one's life and that can never be reproduced in a game... but nevermind :mrt:

Most people think that Lionhead games suck because Molyneux says it will be the greatest game ever but then they cut out half the features during development. But since he hasn't really talked about it, we can't be disappointed in it yet.

But since he hasn't really talked about it, we can't be disappointed in it yet.

I don't know why, but that sentence struck me as utterly hilarious.

I love how this thread had to happen eventually, but has happened after one sentence from Molyneux. All he has to do is open his mouth! Poor guy.

Yeah, I guessed it was meant jokily. I imagine that somewhere on the Internet, someone is already seriously whinging about Dimitri though.

ok so once and for all now!

it had been mentioned somewhere that the concept behind dmitri would be that you could actually relive your whole life in the game... notwithstanding the fact that this might not even be the game-concept, the fact that somebody could believe that somebody would make that claim and mean it literally, struck me as quite funny and I thought it would be nice to think about all the stuff that will never be possible to put into a computer game because 1) the complexity of our world is too big to be actually recreated by a developer 2(and more importantly)) they are soooo utterly bizarre that no one in their right mind would think of it!

so i hereby declare all the people using this thread and making meaningfull statements about this game as idiots! god! hrmpf

Dude, if I could live my life over again, I'd lean a little closer so my dog would make a cooler scar on my face when he bit me.

That'd be kickass.

Your dog bit you in the face, too? Wow. The same thing happened to me when I was a kid. Our dog back then was one nasty bitch ( :shifty: ), and she attacked me on two different occasions, one resulting in a little scar on my head, the other on my face (which has since vanished, no trace).

The whole list just by looking for the scars: Face requiring 13 stitches on the right cheek and just below my lip, left wrist so it looks like I tried to kill myself, right palm and top of hand in the same sitting, left middle fingertip, right shoulder, and of course the ass. Outside of the right cheek, I don't mind tellin' ya.

Damn that was a mean dog. But in all honesty, the face was my fault.

But anway. Dmitri. Sounds like a good idea. Best of luck.

Ever since GDC 2004 I've felt not that excited about Dimitri. In the first slide of his presentation, Molyneux listed each innovation and/or USP for the current Lionhead projects. Like...

Black & White - You're a God who commands a village and has a creature

Fable - x-treme freedom RPG

The Movies - Build your movie studio, create your own movies

etc. etc.

And at the bottom of the list it sais:

Project Dimitri - All of the above. :shifty:

Ever since GDC 2004 I've felt not that excited about GDC. In the first slide of his presentation, Molyneux listed each innovation and/or USP for the current Lionhead projects. Like...

Black & White - You're a God who commands a village and has a creature

Fable - x-treme freedom RPG

The Movies - Build your movie studio, create your own movies

etc. etc.

And at the bottom of the list it sais:

Project Dimitri - All of the above. :shifty:

So Dimitri is an open ended rpg where you play as a god, forcing a village to make movies for you starring your creature?

So Dimitri is an open ended rpg where you play as a god, forcing a village to make movies for you starring your creature?

I wonder what ESRB rating that is worth...