Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

Bard's Tale

Buy it, rent it, steal it... I don't care, just fucking get it. It's bloody wonderful... plus it has one of the actors from the princess bride.

Funny thing's I've seen in game so far:

Killed wolf: got red cloak and picnic basket

Killed chicken: Got nugget

Evil monsters singing songs about how "It's bad luck to be you"

The bard is led by lust.

People screaming "it's only a flesh wound" and "Inconceivable."

And much much more.

As far as I know it's only out on Xbox and PS2 right now, but they released a demo for the PC, which they describe as 'a fully playable excerpt of The Mountain Tombs area of the game in a pre-beta state of completion vis-à-vis PC conversion/customization.' A couple of places I checked had a late April PC release listed.

I haven't played the demo yet but it seems promising, I'll definitely check it out after Fuzzy's recommendation.

I like how the "It's Bad To Be You" song was an Oompa Loompa parody, and how all of the sound settings can go up to 11.

Also, Clint Bajakian (who's name I've seen pop up in some Lucasarts Adventure games) is included in the music credits.

Too bad the gameplay feels really really generic and just feels like a Balder's Gate:Dark Alliance clone. Other than that, yeah, the presentation is incredible.

Too bad the gameplay feels really really generic and just feels like a Balder's Gate:Dark Alliance clone. Other than that, yeah, the presentation is incredible.

Never played dark alliance.

However I will say that all adventure RPGs are left feeling mildly like Diablo.

You can say that gameplay is generic for most games, as most follow the conventions of their genres.

Damn!!

I just saw a review of this on a gaming show here in the UK and it wasn't very positive :hmph:

I did think it looked quite good though, and I don't normally take much notice of reviews - I prefer to make my own mind up.....

The demo that came out is decent, but pretty darn buggy. It's worth your time if you are interested in the humor of the game and how it plays, but I hope they clean it up a bit before it comes out next month.

I only found one bug in normal game play. Another I found by doing things I shouldn't have been.

The only really annoying thing is that the jump function serves NO PURPOSE WHAT SO EVER.

When I finish the game I may review it.