Salka

Christopher Walken

Christopher Walken is damn awesome. He's so deliciously evil and evil, and evil. He stresses all the wrong syllables and parts of sentences, and yet he makes it sound fashionable. I saw A View to a Kill last night, and Max Zorin is my favourite character. Max Zorin, and The Golden Gate bridge. When I grow up, I want to be just like Max Zorin: evil. I also want to fight atop the Golden Gate bridge with an ax and a blimp. Only I'll win. Oh, and also, I will destroy Silicon Valley. Well, what's left of it, at least. I'll probably go over to India to destroy the other half. Oh man, this is gonna rock!!!

Damn straight. Great actor, always entertaining to watch. I watched Pulp Fiction again the other night and that made me ponder Walken's awesomeness too. He's actually only in one scene, but it's an important one and he's great in it.

He'd be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yella hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

You may remember it.

I want to find that Kevin Spacey skit where he imagines if Walken had actually got the part of Han Solo in Star Wars. If I remember rightly, it was pretty funny.

I'm sure everyone here has seen the Weapon of Choice music video and the Cowbell sketch on SNL, two of his best works. Christopher Walken is god.

I interviewed him once - very down to earth and bewildered by his rep as a weird/scary person, which, ironically, makes him seem weird.

Max Zorin is great. Max Shreck is great. The dude from the Weapon of Choice is great. Right now I'm more in a Crispin Glover-mood, but Chris Walken is great too.

Lai: agreed, I find his accent very appealing. I can't understand why he'd be puzzled about his rep... I mean, he plays psychopaths quite frequently.

Anyway, back to his accent... It seems part American, part English? He just has an odd way of stressing his words and sentences, and a weird way of stringing his sentences together... like he sometimes drops punctuation and merges parts of sentences together. Hard to describe.

I just think he's one of the most underused actors today. Yes, he's getting good roles, but I think he has quite a good range if given a chance. I think he's capable of doing comedy, drama, and whatever else is in between.

Definitely comedy. Even in A View to a Kill, which is the only movie of his I've seen recently, he has a couple of really funny moments which I guess a lot of people don't pick up on because he's evil... on the other hand, I thought it was hilarious when I stepped on a bunch of drawing pins last week, so my opinion is probably not all that great on the matter.

One thing that really annoyed me about that movie was Tanya Goddamn Roberts. Jesus Christ, she sounds like she has an eternal sore throat. How the hell did she ever past screen tests? All that "Jameeees! Jameeees!" didn't help either. Ahhh! Damn girl! Why doesn't he just leave her in the burning elevator in City Hall???! Why doesn't he shoot her in the face with her fucking Salt Capsules?!? Why doesn't he leave her drown in the mines??!? Why doesn't he let her fall off the Golden Gate bridge?!? Why doesn't he let Christopher Walken ax her dumb blonde head off?! Dumb stupid screechy blonde bitch bitch whore.

I think as usual it is his appearance that is his greatest asset and problem. Hollywood just loves it some typecasting. Too bad, but like Gary Oldman, Walken to me is the ultimate bad guy with a heart of gold. It's bad that he is in that kind of spot but he will get great work based on this premise. I loved him in "Man of fire" and all his other work. Chris to me is the kind of actor on who's merrit I will rent a movie. In another time he might well have been a Clint Eastwood!

Ah! That reminds me, he was also in this game. I never played it, though. My neighbor gave it to me about 2 years ago (still in the shrink wrap even) and we sold it to get a PS2.

They didn't give us extra for it being in the wrapping, though. I hate them. *cries*

When I grow up, I want to be just like Max Zorin

You realize this is the entire character of Dafoe in Everything or Nothing?

His accent is from New York, the reason it sounds a bit odd is his stilted manner of speaking - he basically pauses momentarily mid-sentence and the such, as though he's thinking about how to complete the sentence.

lailoken: I interviewed him for a magazine that was doing a feature on him.

I got a fever.

Aw, crap. I was checking these forums at work and I saw this, and I thought of a -I swear to God- really funny and witty reply, but I didn't want to log in from work so I waited until I got home, and now I can't remember what it was. It was something along the lines of 'I got a fever... for you' except far wittier and decidedly more subtle. Oh, and also, not as creepy.

Speaking of stupid work, today a French guy that spoke almost perfect english came to buy a PC and I swear to God, he had this underlying, psychopathic, insane, vicious quality about him, and I was absolutely petrified of him. I have never been more scared to tell anybody their credit had been declined in my life. I can't decide whether the fact he reminded me of Max Zorin made things better or worse.

Chris, I hope you get better soon.

Speaking of stupid work, today a French guy that spoke almost perfect english came to buy a PC and I swear to God, he had this underlying, psychopathic, insane, vicious quality about him, and I was absolutely petrified of him. I have never been more scared to tell anybody their credit had been declined in my life. I can't decide whether the fact he reminded me of Max Zorin made things better or worse.

D'you get his phone number?

If that's what you think, then you don't know me very well at all.