Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Xbox2

I wanted Microsoft to call it the "YBOY", or an increase in the letter X (Y, Z...)... but of course, the Microsoft marketing department probably thinks that it's not cool if doesn't have three hip-hop artists behind it.

Why does everything have to be called 2 today?

Because they're the second ones.

I wanted Microsoft to call it the "YBOY", or an increase in the letter X (Y, Z...)... but of course, the Microsoft marketing department probably thinks that it's not cool if doesn't have three hip-hop artists behind it.

The Z-Boz?

I like it!

Why does everything have to be called 2 today?

It won't be.

I don't know what it will be called, but it won't be Xbox 2. That would make it sound inferior to the PlayStation 3.

Microsoft is saving the official unveiling of the Xbox 2, codenamed Xenon

Probably something rubbish like Xenon

Great.

So the big development is that Live features such as buddy lists, and music playlists (hard disk required, RRP £99.99) are now controlled at chip level. Well excuse me whilst I don't piss myself with excitement.

Surely seeing as these features were mentioned even before the first Xbox was originally launched (and it wouldn't exactly have been hard to incorporate them on to the Xbox dashboard), they should have already been there in the first place.

So far Microsoft have promised: no hard disk, no HD-DVD, they won't commit to backwards compatibility, the inclusion of features already in most games (but OMG at chip level!), and an improved processor and GPU.

Great... :shifty:

No backward compatibility? That's ironic, because Microsoft Windows is the #1 embracer of suporting everything ever made for the PC, which of course, makes it an overbloated piece of shit... maybe Microsoft has learned their lesson after all.