Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

New Zelda trailer

From what I gather, this trailer was shown at GDC. There's really no point in describing it, since you can just watch it for yourselves here.

I'm loving the return to Ocarina style graphics, and the music is a lot more epic and impressive than usual too. The gameplay will probably be more of the same, but that's not really a huge concern of mine.

Was that a Goron I saw 37 seconds in?

It was probably a Goron. Zelda tends to recycle a lot, but somehow you love the damn game every sing time. It's weird...

I wish other people made more games like Zelda but with different storylines and in different consoles (duh), while keeping that nintendo-like quality. Is that too much to ask?

Also, what's with the cats?

This new Zelda looks as scary as the first two.

I wasn't that scared by Zelda 2: Link's Adventure, but hey.. everyone's got their pet peeves, I guess. :shifty:

I like the trailer. One thing I really hope is that it's more of an open world with far more space to explore. Not again just one dull Hyrule field as the only place you could take your horsie for a ride. I want a persistent, big world! Fortunately this is foreshadowed in the trailer, but that's really not saying anything.

It's looking pretty good. Interesting that they have gone the route of a far more realistic graphical style. I wonder how much the move was influenced by the Lord Of The Rings films. The whole tone seems to be of immense epicness, earthy rather than cute/cartoony this time. There's even a chase with some kind of giant spider monster in there somewhere, and Link riding something very much like a Warg.

I love the final, very cinematic shot of the massive moon looming ever larger behind the howling wolf on a cliff-top above a vast expanse of forestry. Hopefully that has something to do with the game and the world, and isn't just eye candy.

It was probably a Goron. Zelda tends to recycle a lot, but somehow you love the damn game every sing time. It's weird...

I wish other people made more games like Zelda but with different storylines and in different consoles (duh), while keeping that nintendo-like quality. Is that too much to ask?

Also, what's with the cats?

Just because they use the same species in their games, does not mean it is the same game. Are all the Final Fantasys the same because they all have moogles? Are all Monkey Island's the same because they all have pirates? The storylines are all different, very much so, they just share some vague continuity. Have you ever even played a Zelda game?

P.S. The day you see a Zelda game for a console that is not Nintendo, is the day Nintendo stops making consoles.

P.P.S. Seriously. What is up with those cats?

I didn't mean that it was the same game, but even Final Fantasy doesn't have the same elfish boy in a green suit as the main character in every single game, or have a princess named Zelda be in some kind of distress, or a bad guy called Ganon, or Gorons, or the Master Sword, or the Triforce. What I meant was that most of the Zelda games reiterate the story with the same themes but in different ways, instead of being actual sequels.

Also, I mentioned other games console as other Zelda-like adventures in consoles. Games that capture the same kind of feeling of story and gameplay and style. I read somewhere that Dark Cloud 2 was similar but it's not on XBOX! :(

Even though Zelda is always a thematic clone of its self, it has never been devoid of innovation. I mean, Zelda 64 basically invented the modern 3d action adventure, Wind Waker had sailing and a unique style.

This one seems like a step backwards though, Windwaker looked much nicer.