Moosferatu

Time for a new Psychonauts thread

Considering the PSP is not quite as powerful as the PS2 but almost there, I doubt it. They'd have to make to some pretty noticeable sacrifices in the graphics, and for the whores it wouldn't be worth the purchase. However, I can see Psychonauts being successfully marketed to casual gamers with a weakness for techno gadgets.

:shifty: Or not.

And you know what I was just thinking? What if they royally ported it to the Commodore? There hasn't been a good game for the C64 in 20 years! Unless it can't handle the console... :gaming:

BTW, check out the new Church of TIM everybody!

Good redesign... it feels like getting out of the shower (FRESH!). Laverne is my favorite DOTT character. She reminds me of a friend of mine...

Though... I was just saying Psychonauts on PSP because a) it's coming to PS2 B) I thought they were porting some PS2 games to the PSP. Or perhaps it's a lot of work to port them. Or perhaps they have the same name, but are totally different games.

Good redesign... it feels like getting out of the shower (FRESH!). Laverne is my favorite DOTT character. She reminds me of a friend of mine...

Though... I was just saying Psychonauts on PSP because a) it's coming to PS2 B) I thought they were porting some PS2 games to the PSP. Or perhaps it's a lot of work to port them. Or perhaps they have the same name, but are totally different games.

Psychonauts is already stretching it with the PS2.

The new CoT looks great! The artwork is great, and it has a much cleaner design. Yee haw. :clap:

Yes but why is there no version for higher resolutions?

Even my notebook has 1280 by 800! Please KINGZ!!!

I made that thing back when I had a 1024 X 7somethingsomething screen. Right now it seems a little wee... If I ever enlarge it, I would have to retouch the detail. If I had a bigger initial photo of the Nighthawks I would've made it bigger yet. Alas.

Too bad, still some really nice work! Saw the original when I went to London last year (there was a big Hopper exhibition at the Tate modern) good stuff, good stuff. Obviously really lovely and moody...

gah I knew I shouldn't have watched the church of tim right before I went to bed after playing kotor 2 for way to long :/ Now I had a psychedelic dream in which I was in a cinema watching the premiere of psychonauts the movie and Tim Schafer was in the theatre aswel. This all seamlessly merged into me playing some weird mixup of psychonauts and kotor2. which was pretty damn weird. Now I feel all out of wack for the rest of the day :deranged:

At least you don't dream about psychotic women stabbing your shins to pieces whilst glued in a seating position to your house's stairs.

If there's some kind of hidden message relating to my current state of mind in that dream, then I'm missing it.

Did I mention that this psychonauts movie looked strangely familiar to the spongebob movie? Well it did. Complete with wacky live actors and strange events...

It's probably a reference to you seeing that Spongebob game as the "Recommended if you like this title" game on GameSpot.

Awesome re-design, Kingz. Though, Ashcroft will be sorely missed.

He has fallen out of favour.

At least you don't dream about psychotic women stabbing your shins to pieces whilst glued in a seating position to your house's stairs.

If there's some kind of hidden message relating to my current state of mind in that dream, then I'm missing it.

Scott Campbell told me at a Psychonauts thing last night that he thinks your site (razputin.net) is really pretty. Then I said it was being redesigned and he got worried. He may (or may not) send you an angry email when it comes back up pending its prettiness.

Hee, yes I heard about that Chris. It's pretty rad. Scott doesn't have to worry, since even if he doesn't like the new design, there'll be an option to switch back to the older one implemented a few days after it goes up anyway. All the redone CSS and PHP allows for high-tech wonders like that, you see. Soon it'll be interfacing with your DVD drive to serve you drinks as you browse the site.

I know that quite a lot of people like the current one though, so I don't want to go alienating anyone with one that they don't like (which is guaranteed to be some of you, statistically). That'd be really mean, wouldn't it? Especially when that person is Scott Campbell.

Just wanted to point out that Gamespot my have something on Psychnoauts tomorrow (thrusday) on their weekly "On the Spot" live show.

Why do I know? because they have a picture of raz on the banner for the show!

We need to start hyping and introducing Psychonauts to the masses, people.

Every time you meet a person with a massive (or slight) interest in games mention Psychonauts, here's a good way to start:

let's say you're in a game store and you see a easily persuaded person who likes starting up gaming conversations (we all met some) don't just hide in a corner and hope and that he/she won't notice you, instead take the initiative and approach the person, I guarantee you that in thirty-seconds he/she (most likely he) will start a verbose chat, here's an example:

The garrulous gamer: "Say buddy, what'cha buying?"

You: "Psychonauts." Now, make sure that you act nonchalant, otherwise you'll blow the whole deal.

Gamer: "Psychonauts? Never heard of it, what's its average review score?" He will most likely inquire this, so make sure you tell the twisted truth (or just lie).

You: "Why, Psychonauts is the Mercediz of games (truth), the Zues of the entertainment world (truth), the highly respected british gaming magazine "HardCore!" gave it a perfect score, calling it "The Star Wars of games and Tim Schafer the successor to Lucas " (lie, there's no such magazine nor is Star Wars a good movie, but the person will most likely be a Star Wars fan, so try mentioning it a couple of times).

Gamer: "You don't say? did it sell good." He will most likely have bad gramer and will actually care about its sales figures, sad but true.

You: "I believe it sold over a million in its first week alone." It's important that you say the word "believe", it will make you sound more authentic.

Now, if you're lucky the conversation will end (it probably won't), and as he goes to pay for hes copy of the new flavor of the month he'll approach the shelf that has Psychonauts and after a long pause (that will most likely last around 47 seconds) he'll grab a shiny new copy of Psychonauts.

Mission accomplished.

It works 78 percent of the time.

Also try the same method in the workplace, the school-ground and of course in prison.