Moosferatu

Time for a new Psychonauts thread

You are NOT fat. I can't see your body from that pic you posted, unless you have the face of a slim man and the body of....something else. Your face certainly doesn't show it at least.

What I hate is the assumption that all gamers like to wear huge tents just because some 'sacred' logo is slapped onto them. :hmph:

I think the assumption is that they wear huge tents because they dont fit into anything less. I suspect its true. My friends who print vaguely geeky/techie tshirts always double the XL and XXL shirts because they sell out so much quicker :(

Man, I even love the way Majesco writes their newsletters. It's not the typical marketing crap. I mean, in the first one they were even going on with the whole "Tim is god" thing. I like how they started the most recent one,

What's this? Another Bootcamp Bulletin so close to the last??? It seems the very tilt of the universe has slid further in your favor and made it so. We are literally bursting with fabulous Psychonauts news and we are willing to risk getting ensnared by your spam filters to deliver that news to you in a timely fashion. Sally forth PSI cadets… and on with the news!

It actually did get caught by my spam filter. Happen to anyone else?

It's unbelievably awesome that Psychonauts made the cover story of Play. That has to mean that it even beat out games like Jade Empire (nothing wrong with Jade Empire, mind you). So... anyone want to buy it and scan it in for your poor European brothers? :yep:

I just told my Hotmail junk e-mail filter to not make the psychonauts newsletter be spam...

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that Psychonauts is featured on Playboy. I remember though, that the Bloodrayne 2 chick appeared nude in the magazine (my friend has a subscription to playboy :mock:) which I thought was really stupid, but hey... looks like Majesco has some kind of buddying going on with Playboy.

Now, they need to hit Time Magazine and Cosmopolitan :hah:

Actually, I could see an article on Time magazine... one about the lack of creativity in games and the bias of violence, you know?

Gmail called it spam too. I'm very excited - now magazines are reviewing it, it feels so close. It's great that this first wave seems to be so positive. I guess that's no surprise, but it's amazing that they got the cover of Play. I like the art too, kind of a red twist on the box artwork with a new Raz pose.

The Playboy and Blender articles are readable here as scans. I wanna see the Play article too though.

damn, i'm getting ridiculously excited ... i just pre-ordered my copy yesterday! :)

question though ... ive never done this pre-ordering thing before, so help me out. i live in canada, and i pre-ordered psychonauts from ebgames hoping to get the pack of cards with it. the guy said "he didnt hear anything about this offer" but i figured he was just a dumbass ... if theres an offer in the states, will it make it here to canada?

hey ... wait ... FUCK! :frusty: i was gonna ask u guys why i paid C$70 for my copy (which is WAY more than the pc version should cost), and i was just checking my receipt to double-check the price ... then i noticed that THE GUY PUT ME DOWN FOR A PS-FUCKING-2 COPY OF THE GAME!!! :frusty::frusty: GRRR ... now im gonna have to go back there and get it changed ... since im a poor student without a car, thats gonna be tough ...

SiN

Man, I even love the way Majesco writes their newsletters. It's not the typical marketing crap. I mean, in the first one they were even going on with the whole "Tim is god" thing.
What if it is written by someone from Double Fine? It sounds more like it.

(Looks at release date)

GAH! It coming out already! No, I'm not ready! PANIC! PANIIIIC!!!! :eek:

I can order the PC one with a T-shirt at GameStop, but....

What are minumum requirements for the PC version? :crazy:

PANIC!!!! :(

I guess that's been what's happening to my newsletters too, Moos. Despite being subscribed, I haven't been receiving them, so I'm assuming that Jolt have some kind of anti-spam system set up which has been intercepting them without my knowledge. >:

Also for system specs, http://www.razputin.net/?page=specs

What are minumum requirements for the PC version? :crazy:

PANIC!!!! :(

If I were less lazy, I'd go through the pages of posts to find the one with the Psychonauts PC specs. Go look at that one and they're all there. :oldman:

I guess that's been what's happening to my newsletters too, Moos. Despite being subscribed, I haven't been receiving them, so I'm assuming that Jolt have some kind of anti-spam system set up which has been intercepting them without my knowledge. >:

Also for system specs, http://www.razputin.net/?page=specs

YAY! My PC has the "manly" requirements!

:woohoo:

Or at least it will by the time it's out... :mock:

Supported OS: Windows 2000/XP.

Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium® IV and AMD Athlon.

RAM: 512 MB of RAM.

Video Card: 128 MB GeForce FX 5600 or higher or ATI® Radeon 9600 or higher.

Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0 or higher and EAX® 2.0 or higher compatible.

DirectX® version: 9.0 or higher (included on game disc).

Hard Drive Space: 6.0 GB minimum hard drive space for full installation.

Controls: Game Pad (optional).

My sister's computer (which is where I play my PC games now) has everything above (I own a Thrustmaster pad) except for the current graphics card.

Anyone know where I can find one that costs $150 or less (preferably an ATI Radeon)?

Well, that or I could simply just get the game for Xbox. In that case, anyone know if they're gonna do some free downloadable PC content that'll make it worth getting the PC version instead?

the 9600 is definitly a classy card ... it'll do u well. im not quite sure what the XT means, but it'll either mean "striped down" or "souped up". either way, it should do u well for upcoming games. im betting that u'll be able to run psychonauts on max detail with it, and most games in the future on at least medium.

mind u, i am an nvidia guy, so i might be wrong :)

SiN

Put on your anorak and dive into the reviews trep, before you spend $150 on a card that might work not so good.

anandtech is a good source. Be sure to check their price guides.

Hmmm. I found one for under $150. What do you guys think of the ATI RADEON 9600 XT? I'm really gonna get myself all broke now, but it should help my PC gaming for the next year or so, what with titles like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Psychonauts, Dreamfall, etc. coming up.

Mine is from that series too, but I think it's the Pro one, so it better be enough since I just pre-ordered it... :mock:

And since I'm upgrading my RAM and microprocesor this week (with luck), I'm sure I'll have enough power to run this game! :gaming:

XT >> PRO :tup:

Does that mean "greater than greater than" pro? If so, can I get me a pro one for around $100? :woohoo:

I have an NVIDIA 6600 GT, which is better than the Radeon 9800 in performance and such. It costs about $200.

It's mostly sitting there waiting for dreamfall, I guess. :bomb:

I'm getting Psychonauts for the XBOX!

quick guys!

i'm heading off to the mall today to fix up my preorder blunder (i preordered it for ps2 instead of pc), but im still not sure about this pack of cards thing.

so, i'll bring the question up again, hoping someone can answer it in about 2 1/2 hours ...

if i preorder psychonauts from an ebgames in canada, do you think i'll still get the pack of cards with it?

SiN

if i preorder psychonauts from an ebgames in canada, do you think i'll still get the pack of cards with it?

Why don't you email them and ask? And do some fineprint reading on the site, I'm sure they list it somewhere. Better yet, get a toll free number and ask them that way.

I was just thinking... what if they (the royal they) ported Psychonauts to the PSP. The thing just barely came out and I'm sure it's looking for some games to showcase! Unless it can't handle the game... :gaming: