Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

the bafta awards are awarded

I am frustrated both by the continual success of Warrior Within and the fact that apparently I will never be able to get over it. It's like a kidney stone that I just cannot pass. I try and try and then something like 'Best Gamecube Game: Warrior Within!' comes along to cause further aggravation and inflammation.

That does indeed suck. Howver, remember that in Britain many of the best games (did I hear you say "Katamari Damashi"?) are not available. Also, it is useful to look at the BAFTAs as being fairly lowbrow - these are awards for the casual and non-gamers to look at.

Good news that Ideaworks3D, the company I have recently been employed by :), won a bafta for Collin McRae Rally 2005. The impressive thing is that it beat the likes of Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Zelda.

Why did HL2 get online/multiplayer? Tell me they're not awarding a six (?) year old game an award for best multiplayer of '05 (unless it's for HL2DM... which is unlikely)

It's sad how all the winning games are basically violent action games, except for like Hitchhiker's Guide (which was originally developed in the 80s by infocom anyway) and Colin McCrae Rally (a pretty good and serious rally simulator). I'm suprised that Donkey Konga even got the award for the Children's category (funny, the American nintendo comercials show grown ups playing the game... in the dark.)

How is Prince of Persia: Shit Allover a GameCube game that deserves the award? I mean, I know that GC had a pretty weak selection without a Zelda this year, but that's just ridiculous.

Yeah, that GC choice is bollocks. Warrior Within was dissapointing compared to Sands of Time, whereas Metroid Prime 2 still rocked socks and Mario Kart was ace as well. It's weird to see San Andreas walking away empty handed, too.

Art Direction

Burnout 3: Takedown

Doom 3

Half-Life 2

Killzone

Onimusha 3

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Okaayyy... :shifty:

GameCube

Donkey Konga

Mario Kart Double Dash

Metroid Prime 2

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Second Sight

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005

So none of them liked Paper Mario 2? (Which also should have been nominated and win the art direction category.)

I hate these pointless award shows, they always go with the mainstream crowd.

It would've made a lot more sense to focus more on the lesser-known, more original titles out there than just give HL2 another pointless little extra bit of blurb to stick on their inevitable "game of the year" boxes. But maybe that's just me :erm:

PAPER FUCKING MARIO 2. That game was amazing, good lord.

Mario being fucked by papers... origami sex... orgygami ...

Sounds like a revolutionary idea.