Emma

Tell Us About Yourself

A female programmer, that's a welcome rarity!

i was quite surprised that there weren't more of us at the nft... still, it's nice to have novelty value :')

Good. Now head over to the Dong Salad topic and bring some sanity into that madness with your token analytical programmer's mind.

My name's Chermilla and I'm a recovering alcoholic.....

Nah, ok seriously. I'm an illustrator hoping to eventually become a conceptual artist (2D) in the games industry. I found out about this site from my friend Ben at work who helps run the site. I have an A-level, diploma and degree in art. I studied a BA Hons in Graphic design & Illustration at the surrey institute of Art & Design in Epsom.

Currently I'm working as an assistant Lead tester at Sega, I've been there for a year now. I love my job and especially all the guys i work with!!

I'm into Hip hop, Old skool heavy metal, Horrorcore and D&B. My favourite band at the mo is the Kottonmouth Kings.

I also like extreme sports such as skate boarding, BMXing and motor cross.

Gameswise I enjoy playing AAA and RPG titles mostly. Especially ones that involve some puzzle solving. I'm playing 'Prince of Persia, warrior within' now. Just completed 'the Suffering' recently too. Eagily awaiting the release of the new 'Zelda, twilight Princess'. I just got a copy of 'Blood will tell' from work too, so might start that after I've completed P.O.P. Coz I tested it for a few weeks and really liked it.

Thats about it really!! :woohoo:

Welcome to Idle Thumbs!

What in Zeus' beard is Horrorcore? Hardcore with lots of horror samples? I'm dying to know.

Hello Hello.

I've been on this forum for a while but I've never made a formal introduction as to who I am. My name is Priscilla, and I'm one of your American counterparts on this forum. Another problem I have is taking Male names because of problems I've had in the past during MUDs.

Anyhow, a friend pointed me to Idlethumbs after telling me the reviews would be far more interesting, entertaining and less quantitative than say Gamepro. They are, I have to say. And to know you guys have not been bribed by the publishers to say good things, yet. :shifty:

About me. I'm a geek girl who enjoys video games, obscure board games and sci-fi/fantasy. I posted my picture on the "show yer ugly mug", but now the thread has been overtaken by Firefly. (woot!) Anyhow, I'm fan of the older games, like SNES, NES. I like RPGS and puzzle games, but I don't own any consoles, just my computer. Oh wait, Mafia was awesome.

ComiconMe.jpg

That's a pic of me and some yellow thing. I thought it was cute.

I love tennis, rock climbing and archery, though I'm a beginner.

I have a BS in Computer Science from UCLA. I guess that's my technical background.

some yellow thing

Please.

Anyway, three-months-late-welcome to the forums!

Please.

Anyway, three-months-late-welcome to the forums!

I stand corrected. The yellow thing is now officially known as an Alien Hominid. However, I still reserve the right to call it a "Yellow thingie".

And thank you for the welcome!

Hi, the name's Robert. Kingz introduced me to the site and I've been looking around it for a little while and I finally decided to join. At any given moment I'm actually about 5 to 8 meters away from him, lol.

I'm originally from this small US-Mexico bordertown in southwest Texas, but now I'm living here in San Antonio. I'm currently studying Psychology since I always had an affinity for it, but my original intention was to become a programmer. I took a few courses, but I think I just barely scratched the surface. I also like all different kinds of music, from rock to rap, hip hop, r&b, techno, heavy metal, jazz, alternative, even classical. I was a musician for about 6 years, playing saxophone in my highschool band(or as Homer would say, "Saxamaphone").

Anyway, I've always had a love of games as far as I can remember. My first system was an NES, and over the years I graduated from one system to the next. I'm mostly a fan of RPGs, but I enjoy the occassional action and adventure game as well. So yeah, that's me in a nutshell! :tup:

Okay everyone, I'm back from some very arduous times in my life. I've just been through a gung-ho moving from my old home I got kicked out of, to my new excellent appartment in the middle of a mediumsized city in the Netherlands, Tiel. Been decorating my room in the past few days. I feel right at home now, but the execution of the ordeal was tiring and erosive to my mind.

I need some rest, which I'll get during my vacation to Scotland (Edinburgh). I'm going to see the annual military tattoo because my mum is a Scot-fan and plays the bagpipe. I've seen it on tv a few times and it should be an enjoyable spectacle. But mostly I look forward to playing Another Code on my DS which my girlfriend bought for me for my birthday on the twelfth. And I just got Psychonauts! Woohoo! The bx was a bit crushed unfortunately but what can I do about it? I'm so anxious.

I had completely forgotten about Jomanda, but there are freaking STATUES of Flipje van Tiel everywhere. Comicbooks, merchandise, the works. But it's worth it. My little corner-appartment is awesome.

Hey, I thought that it would be a good idea to get a thread up and running where we can tell everyone about who we are, what we do, what we like/dislike, etc. as an introduction type thing to the forum, especially since there are bound to be new people joining the community (I know a lot of us know each other from Mixnmojo/Adventure Gamers, too).

So, who wants to go first? :)

undefined

Yo

I am Don A.K.A Frostbyte

I reside in Johannesburg SA found your site through a mutual aquantance and sighned uo about two or three days ago

Am a huge Warcraft DOTA allstars fan also playing Playboy mansion :hah:

Recently turned the young age of 23 are there any othe SA's on the Idleforums website? Just a question....

Special thanks to everyone who replied to my posts

Cool

FB

What's Warcraft DOTA Alstars? A particular multiplayer map of Warcraft III is my first guess.

I'm Leon, I'm a night elf, I work at CTU and I have psychic abilities. Would you like coffee perhaps? Cookies? Bob? Would you like cookies Bob? And Milk? Would you like milk and cookies, Beub?

What's Warcraft DOTA Alstars? A particular multiplayer map of Warcraft III is my first guess.

Ahhh yes

Only the best multiplayer LAN game on Warcraft 3 frozen throne each person chooses a hero and you kick the crap out of each other :ponycrap:

whoever is stronger wins for maps go to www.Dotaallstars.com

Give it a go freakin great game to play especially if you have 8players four a

side pretty wicked :devil:

Ahhh yes

Only the best multiplayer LAN game on Warcraft 3 frozen throne each person chooses a hero and you kick the lot out of each other :ponycrap:

whoever is stronger wins for maps go to www.Dotaallstars.com

Give it a go freakin great game to play especially if you have 8players four a

side pretty wicked :devil:

Cool! Another Dota player! I'm always looking for more Dota enthusiasts.

Welcome to the forums.