Emma

Tell Us About Yourself

For a television show in the Netherlands called 2 to 12 (it's a quiz), the Utrecht School of High Arts usually makes animations for some questions. I already made a few and this is my latest:

http://www.captainaugust.com/abrahamlincoln.mov (quicktime movie, 17 MB)

It's about the American founding fathers who met with terrible weather conditions and famine during their arrival on the newfound land and made friends with the native americans who helped them grow crops. It's a bit of a no-brainer question where the contestants have to guess which American traditional celebration is presented. I think it's a nice animation, a bit simplistic but still nice. And I got to add some good Electric Six references and phallic symbols in the process. So I certainly got my share of the fun.

Okay, I've lurked long enough! I see that virtually all the regular posters and most of the staff from AG posts here, so I feel at home.

You want to make something of that? Huh?

Now it occurs to me that you could use a bit of female presence here, you know, to brighten things up a bit, and to keep you guys from hurting each other or I'll break your fucking heads! Ahem...

Now many of you already know me, so I'll make my intro brief...

I'm an old lady, who's a nurse, and who's done some programming (5 yrs or so), and who likes adventure gaming. I lived most of my life in Boston, then nearly 4 yrs ago I moved to Florida to be with this guy, Paul, who died 1 1/2 yrs later - I'm still in Florida. He got me into gaming, and got me hooked. While he was still alive we got an Xbox and a PS2 and I've played a few games on those as well. I'm an admin at a gorgeous adv gaming site called Mystery Manor, which if you're going to visit, be sure to see the home page where my boss lady has created a really beautiful entry to the website - try all the doors. Since that is a quiet, more sedate site, I go to several others as well, except for the two I'm banned at and one that I quit.

I'm reasonably intelligent (most of the time), and have a decent sense of humor. I enjoy good discussions and debates, which I find lacking at many of the gaming sites, and rant often at fanboys and other trolls. Hope to get to meet the ones I haven't yet met, and continue to parlay with the ones I already know.

Oh, BTW, call me FGM, since no one wants to type out Fairygdmther - catch you all later!

FGM

I'll break your fucking heads!

:tup::tup::tup:

Awesome.

Oh man, I never did this thread. I'll do it later once I think of something interesting. :shifty:

And from some of your posts I've read, you're one kickass young woman, Yufster! Glad to meetcha! :devil:

... is that code for 'fucking insane'? It must be...

people are forgetting their emoticons :P

You must forgive them FGM, you probably know already that our boards have a culture of friendly provocation and smack talk :D

Welcome aboard!

people are forgetting their emoticons :P

You must forgive them FGM, you probably know already that our boards have a culture of friendly provocation and smack talk :D

Welcome aboard!

Thanks, Treesus, I think I did realize that, and was responding in kind. Although, if Yufster DID mean that she resented that comment, then I wanted her to know that THAT was definitely NOT what I meant. Maybe hedging my bets, as it were.

FGM

No, AGA - fucking insane is when you try to put words into other people's mouths.

Sounds more like linguistic fellatio to me. :gaming:

Welcome to Da Thumb, girlfriend! Feel free to bitch slap some of the testosterone pregnant d00ds here. But be careful, some of them just might like it and start following you around like clumsy puppies.

And please be nice to Kingz. He seems like the ultimate male bitch, but deep down inside he's warm and cuddly. Or so I'd like to think.

yup, I'm trying to remember from what book exactly. I believe it's from one of the watch books if I'm not mistaken.

yup, I'm trying to remember from what book exactly. I believe it's from one of the watch books if I'm not mistaken.

It's the motto of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch, and you learn it in "Guards! Guards!".

- :yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

Hi guys - I just registered here about 10 mins ago and was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of familiar faces from the AG forums :yep:

Anyway, I don't really have anything productive to post at the moment - I just thought I would introduce myself :bomb:

Hi guys - I just registered here about 10 mins ago and was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of familiar faces from the AG forums :yep:

Anyway, I don't really have anything productive to post at the moment - I just thought I would introduce myself :bomb:

Mansie! *glomps*

Welcome! :woohoo:

- :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hmm. Another forum to lurk around in. :period:

College student from Minnesota studying religion and film at the moment. Though, in all seriousness, I don't really study at all. I like walking. I wish that was an occupation.