Emma

Tell Us About Yourself

Hey, I thought that it would be a good idea to get a thread up and running where we can tell everyone about who we are, what we do, what we like/dislike, etc. as an introduction type thing to the forum, especially since there are bound to be new people joining the community (I know a lot of us know each other from Mixnmojo/Adventure Gamers, too).

So, who wants to go first? :)

Yo, I'm Chepito (Real name Dan)

Found this site through MixnMjojo, Lovin' it so far.

Into all the old LucasArts adventure games, (My fav. being Grim Fandango obviously) and i also like FPS games like Half-Life.

I'm 18 years old and will be going to college in the fall.

Other than that i like going fishin' and jamming...

Hmmm, okay... I'm Erwin Broekhuis. I'm familair with both mixnmojo and adventure gamers, although for the past few months I've been more active in the latter community.

I'm 23 years old, from the Netherlands, where I study for a bachelors degree in computer science. Booo-riiing.

In my spare time, when I'm not drinking, I'm trying to rebuild AdventureDevelopers.com and I'm making my own point & click adventure game. W000t!

--Erwin

I'm toblix from a little country I like to call Norway, and I found this site on Adventuregamers.

I'm 20 years old, and try to spend my spare time studying computer science, playing the piano, playing computer games, reading books, listening to music and assembling jigsaw puzzles. Mostly I just end up playing computer games.

Currently I'm playing Star Wars - KotOR.

I'm dan lee, 21, and study computer science too. hey! what a coincident. let's all speak in binary language.

24 year old unemployed person living in Haarlem, the Netherlands. Listening to the name 'Thijs'. But also know to listen to 'ys', 'ysbreker', 'or', 'ysblokje', 'sloopie', or 'joop'

ps. I propose we make this thread a sticky so every new person that joins can add his personal thingy to it. and we won't have 20 identical threads about who you are

Yeah let's get this sticky.
Done do.

I'm Stevan Zivadinovic also known as Kingzjester to people online, as Steven, Balzac, Jim Morrison, Yorick, Stevdza to actual people. My principal in elementary school in the Balkans used to call me 'Steve' for some absurd and never-explained reason and ever since I despise that name.

I'm a visual artist with delusions of colour-blindness. I am a sculptor who makes colourful sculptures. I am a programmer by circumstance. I am a writer because I like the sound of words. I am thoroughly tone-deaf.

I am arrogant and boring people hate me and my cynicism.

19 years old guy from Finland. At the moment studying for my entrance exams to University. Found this site through Adventure Gamers Forum where I'm a frequent poster.

Guess it's my turn, eh?

I'm Emma from Inverness in Scotland, but I'm currently studying for my degree in Photography in the Arts down in Swansea, Wales. I'm 21 (22 in June. This means cake - hooray!).

I've been a member of the LucasArts/Mixnmojo/Scumm Bar community for about 5 years now and have been fortunate enough to meet some of the thorougly cool people from it. Although, these days I seem to spend all of my Internet time over at the PC Gamer UK forums.

Hobbies are fine art photography, internet, computer games (graphic adventure and RPG mostly), shopping, chilling out and eating good food.

Yo

I'm Thomas Bousquet, I'm French and I'm 20.

I'm studying in an engineer school that could unfortunately lead me to the most boring part of computer science.

I've tried to be involved in adventuredevelopers, mixnmojo [both under guybrushthedwar nicik] and the AGAST community as designer and coder , but I decided I had enough when people started to throw rocks, among others things, at me.

I came here because I was bored of all the moanings at mixnmojo and wanted to find NONadventure fans....anyone ?

edited...

19 years old guy from Finland. At the moment studying for my entrance exams to University. Found this site through Adventure Gamers Forum where I'm a frequent poster.

I'm almost like Mattsius, except I'm about three years older than him.

Greg, 22, currently living in Liverpool UK. Have been a member of the Mixnmojo/Monkey Island community for 6-7yrs though it feels longer..

I'm a university graduate and i'm currently working as a web developer/consultant for an IT company.

Nationality wise i'm half french and can speak the language fluently but I was born/raised in the UK.

My interests include music (metal, electronic, ambient, experimental, weird etc), guitar, art, web dev, movies, games, anime and getting wrecked on saturday nights ;P

Games wise im currently into stealth games like splinter cell and the hitman series. RPGs such as Zelda, final fantasy etc.. and adventure titles like Monkey island, indy foa, broken sword (the usual suspects).

I am Berian Williams and I'm an alcoholic. I'm male, 18, a student of Software Engineering. I'm an adventure fan who writes for Adventure Gamers' Underground section and I also make my own amateur adventures (see my signature for links to both). Apart from that I read, play PC games, listen to music, watch movies and bore people on Internet forums.

Yo

I'm Thomas Bousquet, I'm French and I'm 20.

Do you pronounce that as bucket? :P

No, I was just kidding. Did you know Broekhuis means Swamphouse? Now you can make fun of me :partyhat:

By the way, throwing rocks at you? People at AdventureDevelopers? :eek:

--Erwin

Do you pronounce that as bucket? :P

You can.

Yeah.

Don't let me hear you though :ratchet:

By the way, throwing rocks at you? People at AdventureDevelopers?

Nah, I was just trying to be sarcastic.

All people at adventuredevelopers were fine; it's just that it didn't last long enough for me to find out who was who and who did what.

My real name is Beiddie, and I'm the oldest one here, at 37. But don't let that fool you, I'm insanely yet humanistically far removed from whatever age and societal and cultural obligations age may force upon people (i.e., I still don't have a cell phone, and I hate SUVs). I possess the curiousity of a nine-year-old, the vulnerability of someone in his early twenties, and the wisdom of someone older who's gone through some horrible experiences in his life.

I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (design, illustration, art history - Zurbaran, Giotto, and El Greco rock!), worked in the fashion industry for over 12 years, but abandoned it because it didn't fulfill me spiritually. Instead, I've been using writing (short fiction, essays) as my main avenue for self affirmation and expression. I maintain a website for some of my work. I eventually want to buy a lighthouse on the northeastern coast to turn into a loft, studio, and sanctuary for all my friends who need a rest. I plan on doing volunteer work (an AIDS organization or helping the homeless) this summer, and I feel professionally that's where I want to go.

I described myself to Screwtape as 'anomalous'. Screwtape rocks! He understands me and I think I've found yet another guest for my lighthouse. :peace: Anyone else wanna come over?

As far as gaming? I discovered it as an adult through my niece several years ago. Again my views on it mirror my anomaly, many gamers see gaming as an escape from reality. I see it as enriching my reality. I believe, as James here does, that a game can transcend mere pixels and button mashing and eventually touch someone's soul, and my involvement in game design must strive towards that. It has to, it's merely part of the human experience.

Ahh this is nice.

1st year english College student studying film, IT and *grimace* Eng Lit :eek:

I'd like to say I'm the popular guy at college... I'd like to say that but the unfortunate truth is that I'll probably have killed myself by the time I'm 25 when I will still have yet to of found a girlfriend or any friend for that matter and my life has degraded into a frunken lonely mess of tv, games, wanking and Burgers.

If you want an idea of how bad my life is, I bought a mobile just so I could get Monkey Island as the ring tone.

On the outside I'm a normal crazy guy cracking -hillarious- jokes to peoples amusement ... inside I'm an old amn breathing his last breath.

In the past I have posted in the mojo forums as Andi Wan, but that nick is manifestly shit, and always has been, so it got the flick.

I am a fourth year Media and Communications student at the University of Sydney, additionally majoring in History and Ancient History.

I have been visiting sites like mixnmojo and Scumm Bar since well before CMI came out.

Here are a few random things I like, in no particular order:

The Beatles, the Stones, Bowie, U2, Outkast, Kelis, the Smashing Pumpkins, Coldplay, crap sci-fi, GTA, adventure games, history, et. al.

I'm a 24 year old informatics student from Estonia, currently looking for work as a programmer.

I found this site thanks to false advertising. I was trying to buy a rubber boat but ended up here.

I've been a semi-hardcore gamer for some 8 years I think. Currently I don't really have a favourite genre, but I have become bored with many existing genres and am more interested in games that mix genres together.

My favourite games are the GTA series, Outcast, Grim Fandango, Thief series, Deus Ex etc.

I'm 18, almost 19. I live in Ohio. And what a boring place it is, but I don't complain. I hear no matter where you live you get so used to it that you consider it boring, so it's best to live in a place that truly is boring. Anyway, I've been around the Lucasforums for a couple years and am like the king of the Sam and Max forums. Or at least I like to think so. Also have been poking around the AG forums for 6 or 7 months now. Good times for everyone. I guess this is like the new bonding site huh people from both divides? Yippee.

I'm Peter Winckles. Strang name I know, but hey, Tim thinks it's cool. :sombrero: Anyway, I'm 17 years old and live in Hungary. I've done so for 4 or 5 years. I'm actually American. I found Idle T through Mixnmojo. I used to be quite an active part of the Adventure Gamers community, but my postings have dropped of considerably of late. My favorite games are Grim Fandango, Discworld Noir, and Baldur's Gate II. Currently I'm anticipating Psychonauts and Dreamfall the most. Oh, I also love cats.

Hi, I'm Brian and I got here from mojo, and I'm gald to see anger and bitterness about modern video games

Like amost everyone else here I am into Lucas Arts adventure games

Currently I'm addicted to Rise of Nations

oh yea, I'm from Naperville, the largest city in Illinois that no one out of state cares about

Guest James

Well I'm James (forum: no! james: it's true.) I'm a Law Student (begin your stone throwing now) and an aspiring writer (stop your stone throwing now) and involved in making adventure games with Beiddie and others, and film making with local associates and contemporaries

ForeverDream Studios

No Returns Films