General Fuzzy McBitty

Idiots in online games.

Don't you hate it when you're playing an online game, any online game, be it CS or EQ, and some guy takes it on himself to be a pissant for no reason?

Today I had such an expieriance, and it amused me.

Today a guy gave me his home address, and told me to come fight him if I didn't like him.

So if you're the kind of person who likes to mail random objects and aol cds, go nuts:

151 stonefence ct, aurora il 60506

Also, I just wondered if anyone had one moron that stood out in their mind.

Online gamers that irritate me:

- Those on your team that shoot the floor surrounding you, as if they'd just watched your generic "Dance!" scene in a movie.

- Those that completely ignore the game's objective and just sit somewhere waiting for kills.

- Those that have names which don't read in plain English.

- Those that have seventy clan/guild/alliance/association tags attached to their name.

- Those that make a comment every time they kill you. The most annoying of which being ":)".

- Those that stand in a doorway for a few seconds as if they were going to be lame enough to block it, but then move.

- Those that leave halfway through a 1v1 game of some sort (primarily Worms) simply because they're playing shite.

- Those that use the server's ranking feature every two minutes, which involves saying "statsme" or something along those lines.

- Those that act upon every single moron stereotype condition in circulation, ranging from l33t sp34k, to calling me a nigger when I kill them.

- Mort.

Well I had a moron threatening to beat me up coz I won a game against him in NBA 2004 and had to leave before he could get his "revenge".

The worst are the ones I read about in a world of warcraft review. Those having a 60 something level who play on PvP servers, and what they do is kill the newbie and wait near his corpse. Once his ghost comes back to its body and the newbie can resume playing again, they kill him again. So it renders the game unplayable.

We're talking about World of Warcraft here. That game is completely centred around the sole premise of boring, repetitive gameplay.

Oh-ho!

The worst are the ones I read about in a world of warcraft review. Those having a 60 something level who play on PvP servers, and what they do is kill the newbie and wait near his corpse. Once his ghost comes back to its body and the newbie can resume playing again, they kill him again. So it renders the game unplayable.

Hah, those people will be in for a nasty shock when Blizzard's "honour system" comes online. Not only will they be generally advertised as being crap, but they will be attacked by the NPCs on their own side :clap:

I could never play Warcraft PVP, the simple thought of never being safe and I could be attacked even in towns isn't what I can fun...

I hate it when someone 10 levels lower than me keeps insisting that I join him in a quest I've done long ago, and insults me and gets mad if don't, it's happened twice now...

I also hate it when in an isntance the team quits after an hour or 30 minutes, don't they know that instances take almost 2 hours to beat, and sometimes more?

I hate RP elitists in the RP server, they insist that the general channel is RPing, nobody roleplays there! We ask for help and the closest you get to role playing is "The Alliance stinks/ are tasty morsels" or "Night elf babes are hot!"... :shifty:

Or go into a gay chatroom, meet 2-3 horny guys who live within 10 miles of that address, get 'em hot n bothered, then tell 'em you want to have a gangbang style orgy, will they come over right away and you'll supply the crystal meth, and tell them to drive to: 151 stonefence ct, aurora il.

PBsmile1a.gif

haha! =)

I think I share Tanu's standpoint, but not his concern about roleplaying in public channels. I don't expect them to do it properly, but it being a Roleplaying Server, I do expect some gesture of sentences being spelled correctly and such. I've never said anything about it though. I do so in the guild channel, after a while, when I think there's been enough speak of one's holiday.

A few days ago I had a guy in a party who couldn't stop jumping. He was jumping like a madman all over the place, attracting wealths of monsters to us. We died a few times but it was kind of harmless and funny in a way that me and my serious other partymember would look at each other and know we were both thinking: 'is this guy mad or something?'

I think RP is impossible with keyboard imput the other problem being that a lot of people don't know how to do it, no offense. But I like the fact that people at least try and you don't get that much / if any l33t 5p34k! In general I find people annoying who powerplay through an MMORPG just to be the first to hit level 100 or whatever. What's the point of doing that! Also I find Newbies annoying who run around asking people for money (only happened in DAoC to me tho).

As far as the guy in Illinois is concerned, he probably gave you the address of this kid he regularly beats up in school. :shifty:

But the whole disrespect thing IS annoying, I think there actually should be age category servers... that would make things sooo much nicer!

Even on a pvp server pvp isn't compulsory until level 20, and if they die and their body is camped then they can easily just ask the spirit healer to res them in the nice safe graveyard. This will do very minor damage to their equipment and give them ressurection sickness for 4 or 5 minutes. Hardly 'unplayable'.

I read a few WoW reviews that basically talk complete bullshit. Reviews on games done by someone that has no interest in researching what they're actually saying are plain shite.

One WoW review said that it encouraged solo play as if you grouped then only the people that hit the target got xp and only the person that targetted it first got the loot (or something like that) which is complete bollox as everyone gets xp and you can change the looting mode to whichever you prefere.

BAH!

also the chance of being killed in towns is very low because the towns are guarded by massive burly level 60NPCs most of the time and you cant kill your own faction....

also yes i hate a load of online people but but take solace in the fact that their lives are probably meaningless. i dont think ive ever been threatened with death but i was told that i had made someones hate list by someone the other day hahaha lame.

the only game i play online is (still) worms world party. i had around a million awesome and only very few pretty crappy online-experiences. most of the guys (and ladies) there are just great (mainly the spanish and british/american gamers) and i could tell you around a million awesome stories but you want us to list idiots...so...here you go: i remember one guy who started insulting me, because i named a worm michael jackson. and then i remember around a trillion cocky german players, who are just...just...irritating...