ysbreker

european gamer afraid of cooties?

statue02_007.jpg

Well sony thinks so and decided to release 'wanda and the colossus' under a diffirent (more cooty free? more lame at the least) name: 'Shadow of the Colossus'

This really makes you all wonder. Does sony really think that wanda in a game title will scare of potential buyers? Damn markerting consultants. The next revolution they'll be the first against the wall with their ideas of 'what the public wants' :hmph:

I expect they'll call it 'wanda vs the axis of evil' or something equally lame

How does 'wanda' associate with cooties? I hate that word 'cooties'. It sounds like 'cuties'. There's no throw-up smilie.

How does 'wanda' associate with cooties? I hate that word 'cooties'. It sounds like 'cuties'. There's no throw-up smilie.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Like this? :barf:

Ok, fine, it's technically a barf smilie.

Wanda is a girl name, and girls have cooters...or cooties or whatever the hell we're talking about. Any child of 5 could tell you that.

I'm glad they did this. 'Wanda' was just REALLY weirding me out. I just... couldn't... cope. Now I'll sleep again. Like a masculin baby.

Has anyone an idea of what this game will consists of in term of gameplay ?

Because, it looks beautiful and strange so I'm getting curious.

Makes me think I should go into marketing. I wanda... wonder... wander... I ponder what someone gets paid to change a name so superbly like that?

Its a platformer/puzzle/action game, like ICO.

Anyway, 'Shadow of the Colossus' is pretty good, considering what they could've named it. Also, Japanese games are usually renamed for the US and North America- they use phrasology that would just be flat out bizarre anywhere but there. "Wanda and the Colossus' probably isn't exactly what the Japanese title is, and in my opinion doesn't sound that great anyway.

Except that the word "shadow" is right at the top of goddawful must-be-avoided game title

clichés.

But in this case, you see, it actually is kind of appropriate. The colossi will probably cast huge shadows, into which you're steadfastly riding your horse. It actually makes sense.

What the fuck is a cootie?

A fictional tick or flea-like creature you get from girls... :shifty:

And toilet seats...

This really makes you all wonder. Does sony really think that wanda in a game title will scare of potential buyers? Damn markerting consultants.

smart marketting consultants, simply because "wanda" will infact scare off buyers. you know, No One Lives Forever was an excellent game which sold terribly because the main character was a woman ... i read in an older issue of PCGamerUK that one of the NOLF developers witnessed someone return NOLF at a gaming store ... they said the reason was that "they didn't want to play a woman".

a game like wanda and the colossus isn't gonna sell much anyway ... sony knows that but are still giving it the green-light. we should really be thankful of that, regardless of what the title of the game ends up being.

SiN

north american release will be called 'Ico2'

or probably it will get slightly redesigned to get more americans involved.. all the christan fucks that seem to be abundant over there....

'david and goliath'

a game like wanda and the colossus isn't gonna sell much anyway ...
I dunno. Seems like a game that could sell really well if it properly rides off the critical acclaim that ICO had. Now it's all "it's the sequel to ICO!!!" and tons of people will actually be virally promoting it when it comes out to make it a potential hit, instead of with ICO where people gradually found out about it over a long period of time because it didn't sell enough in the first month.

ICO wasn't embraced that much by magazines, sites like Gamespot discounted it, and the frothing IGN or OPM coverage could hardly be taken seriously by someone out of the know.

This game looks a bit more awesome raphically, so maybe that will help it.

Umm, ICO got an 8.5 at GameSpot...
Well, quite obviously, this game sucked. :gaming:

Are there really people who don't know what 'cooties' are? hmm...

Yep. I didn't know what the fuck a cootie was either until I read this thread.