Salka

Willy Wanka & The Chocolate Factory

I wont have a bad word said against Frodo Baggins. They went through a VERY difficult journey together. It is the bonding of men through war. I will not hear about any suggestions regarding reacharounds or such like.

I never said anything bad about Frodo, rather, I spoke about Sam's love for Frodo. Frodo is absolutely clueless.

Willy Wonka.

I hated the idea of this movie. I hated the trailer. I hated everything.

As it turned out, the movie was actually really enjoyable, but it can't really be compared to the Gene Wilder movie. There's a lot of issues I had with it.

Firstly, Burton scoffed the original movie for being too 'sentimental'. However, I found this movie to be far more sentimental in a far more sickening way.

Secondly, Burton also disliked that the first movie didn't stick closely to the book, announcing the new movie would stick to the book a lot more closely. However, he added several scenes that were never in the book, an entire side-story about Wonka's father, AND he changed the ending entirely!

Thirdly, the ending was fucking bullshit.

Fourthly, the side-story was ALSO fucking bullshit, although I enjoyed Depp having his little flashbacks.... 'These must be your... pa....pa.....pa....'.

I didn't really think Depp made a good WONKA, he did however create an amazing and likable character. He wasn't a complete twat as it seemed like he would be from the awful trailer. The children actors were good, the effects were nice, and the music was odd but ... good. Overall, it gets :tup:

Also Willy Wonka sounded like Dr Evil :tup:

'I'm closing my factory... FOREVER'

It takes a very big person to admit they were wrong.

Not that I think you were or weren't. I haven't seen the movie. After Sleepy Hollow and Big Fish, Tim Burton can't trick me into seeing another one of his shitty, shitty movies.

Calling me fat? :shifty:

Seriously though, the trailer was unforgivably awful and did the movie no justice whatsoever.

I never said anything bad about Frodo, rather, I spoke about Sam's love for Frodo. Frodo is absolutely clueless.

Oh, you see now there you go with the Frodo insults!!

And as for Willy Wonka! 360 combover from hell. Nice guy though. I have difficulty speaking bad of people...

Not even directed by Burton! Only co-written by Burton! :tup: :tup:

I'm sure he had more of a hand in it? Henry Selick can't have been that much of a player, James & the Giant Peach was an utterly horrible, bad, bad, film.

As for Charlie, my views are quite similar to Yufster's. Roald Dahl would be utterly pissed off with the back-story, the ending and the Wonka-character being completely different from the quick-talking super-keen book-Wonka (although Deppo still played a nice character). The family-values-hurray! moral was unnecessary, too. Other than that, it was basically Tim Burton does Chocolate Factory. :shifty: The kids all worked very well, the book was trimmed very neatly, and the Oompa Loompa songs were ace. :tup:

I'm disappointed it didn't end in style, like the first one. I'd love to see the Great Glass Elevator adapted. Although it totally should have used sky-hooks and not jets. :tdown:

P.S. I really liked the teaser trailer. The one with the puppet song in the background. The main trailer was crap, though.

P.P.S. There's an adaptation of Fantastic Mr Fox in the works! Wes Anderson too! Dahl is so much trendier than Rowling.