Sign in to follow this  
baconian

Psychonauts PC Specs

. And then you try to phone their technical support, and everybody is fucking INDIAN and can't understand what you're saying. And then they put you on CONFERENCE calls.

Oh yeah I heard that... They also use english names like "Hey I'm James". Ummmmm no you're not, I can't understand a friggin word you are saying. Outsourcing didn't work for dell so I think they moved their tech support back to the US coz of the language barrier.

Actually, they did believe in it in the first place. Then Ed Fries left.

Yeah that was 3 years ago. Till they dropped the bomb on all their awesome titles like Oddworld (Got a mighty review), Tork, and Psychonauts. Way to go MS :finger:

I can see that you are pissed, but I really didn't mean to start a battle of any sort. The last thing I want is another exchange of mag-esque 700-word rants.

PCs are like women. You gotta know how to work them lovingly, how to keep them happy so that they don't give you headaches.

I didn't mean to start a battle either. I mean I'm voicing my (current) opinions about PCs but I'm not trying to actually fight with you (or anyone else in particular) about it.

And if that's the case about PCs, then that's just lame.

Well, buying a premade pc is pretty much a recipe for headaches.

Then I think putting one together yourself out of various old and new parts would be like, er, an even better recipe for headaches? One where you're also allergic to all the ingredients. And the frying pan's really hard to wash up afterwards.

I know from experience that PCs are cruel bastards at times, and they remain a less-than-ideal platform for gaming. Even nowadays with DirectX and other standards that everything's built on, you can never be 100% sure that your new game is going to play just fine. In fact, it seems worse than before, I've had many many more problems in the past year with games on my PC than I can remember from the whole time I was using MS-DOS.

That said, most of my best gaming experiences have been on the PC and, seeing as I have one anyway for work and other things, I doubt I'd ever abandon it entirely as a gamer. But I am more and more drawn to consoles.