Sign in to follow this  
syntheticgerbil

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing to me as well. :buyme:

(Not to mention, "Stranger's Wrath"?? Give me a break.)

I've heard that the game really rocks though. So I guess it's worth supporting communism once (EA) just to get the game.

"Stranger's Wrath" does fit better into the "Somebody's Something" Oddworld naming convention though ("Munch's Oddysee" "Abe's Exoddus" etc), but it's a cheezy name, compared to Oddworld Stranger. And also it's missing the "odd" pun in the name, which I never noticed were there until just now when I went to look up the spelling of the titles of the past games.

PS what does supporting EA have to do with supporting communism?

Meh, just a crappy joke. I just think EA sucks and I don't like to get any games from them. Just ignore the comment, I tried to make a funny comment but it sucked.

To make any joke funny, just add "whore." Or Michael Jackson, because he is also a punchline.

"Three [insert ethnisity here] walk into a bar...... Michael Jackson."

Whore.

"Stranger's Wrath" does fit better into the "Somebody's Something" Oddworld naming convention though ("Munch's Oddysee" "Abe's Exoddus" etc), but it's a cheezy name, compared to Oddworld Stranger. And also it's missing the "odd" pun in the name, which I never noticed were there until just now when I went to look up the spelling of the titles of the past games.

It's strange how the association of words from a foreign language can sounds and feel 'cool' despite the fact that the whole meaning is cheezy. I like "Stranger's Wrath" and I like "The Warrior Within"... it gives the impression that the game is filled with patent rage and mystery. *Meh* you should see how these titles are translated in french : it's :sartre:

You know one way of not supporting EA is buying it used. That way, the money for the game only goes to EA once (whoever bought it originally) and you get it cheaper.

Ever since the Edge article I've been interested in Stranger's Wrath. COuldn't really be bothered before that, because everything anybody wrote about was this dualloaded crossbow with live ammo.

It does sound very interesting. I've only played dribs and drabs of the Oddworld series. The games themselves cross a lot of genre gaps. A lot of people were a bit dissapointed by the last one (was it Munche's Oddyssey?), but a lot of people who've played with the preview build have said it's a substansial update, and is really, very good.

I might look into this once it comes down in price.

Incidentally, the gaming industry will soon be owned by EA! I have foreseen it in my crystal balls. ;)

I'm so frustrated about the whole EA situation, I'm going to refrain from comment simply because I'm giving up swearing and anger for Lent.

And I already screwed that up because I played RE: Dead Aim.