Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Tim's Beard Speaks

Now that he has grow a beard, the guy makes me thinks more and more of Kevin Smith : as humouristic, as charismatic, having nearly the same silhouette and now the same grown-up trophy. You should check 'An Evening with Kevin Smith' it's mind blowing.

040320_kevinSmith_vl.vmedium.jpg

Yeah, those beard guys tends to be geniouses...except for the 'Space Battles' one, not anymore.

Hey, Kingz, you should give the Tim statue at the Church a beard.

Hmmm... Does that mean he should add hair in his armpits as well?

--Erwin

Wouldn't Michael Powell be a better choice than Ashcroft?
Ashcroft lobbied to have the bare-breasted statue of Justice hidden behind a curtain because it gave him a boner. I think that also he had a speedo mandated for the replica of David in the city square in Florence, South Carolina, or some such place...

Kevin Smith is a hack.

erm.. yeeeees... what does that mean ?

1. One who undertakes unpleasant or distasteful tasks for money or reward; a hireling.

2. A writer hired to produce routine or commercial writing.

Something like that.

The MArch CGW issue has a two-page preview as well. It's the second-most prominent item on the cover behind WoW.

Kevin Smith is a hack

Funny, those are the exact words that popped into my head when I saw his name. He can occasionally be funny, but he can't direct for shit.

The MArch CGW issue has a two-page preview as well. It's the second-most prominent item on the cover behind WoW.

What's WoW doing on the cover of the March issue? It'll be 5 months old in March.

CGW is always woefully behind on their coverage, they must've been absent at the signing of the "magazines get things first" pact, because their information is often erroneously old.

Still the best gaming magazine though.

Funny, those are the exact words that popped into my head when I saw his name. He can occasionally be funny, but he can't direct for shit.

Clerks and Chasing Amy are brilliant films. Sure, Kevin Smith has all the visual flair of a blind talentless orangutang, but I think he needs to be on set to direct the cast... Still, it's a shame that "Jay & Silent Bob: Strike Back" was the worst pile of poo-doo since, well, to quote Smith, "Greedo shot first". I have yet to see Jersey Girl as "J&SBSB" made me ashamed of being a fan.

Yeah, not only Kevin Smith is a hilarious himself ( see 'An Evening with Kevin Smith' to realize that) but he's also a good actor and one of the best comedy writer around. Yet, it's true that he's a very, very common director...

it's true that he's a very, very (lowest) common (denominator) director...

Beards on computer scientist is a noble and fine tradition, dating back over 40 years!

I myself have a fine example cast across my manly jaw. Grrr!

Nothing new to you maybe but it is a very nice summary of Psychonauts as it is now.

Unlike IGN and Gamespot they don't use the same "you can burn a bush or use telekenesis to move it!" example for the 80th time. I doubt that puzzle is even in the game anymore, it was from the E3 2002 demo, but it's still cited in magazine previews.