Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Tim's Beard Speaks

Damn, I was hoping Thumbs could snag the first Beard Schafer interview.

some of the most popular games of the '90s, including Full Throttle and Grim Fandango
Ha-ha

Wow, awesome. I always enjoy Tim interviews, and this one has some really good lines of questioning. Can't wait until Thumbs does bag a chat with Mr. Double Fine though.

Jeez, that beard really is like a replica of Lucas's beard. :eek:

yay! Nothing says "I wanna change my outlook on life!" like a change of hairstyle. Also, in some muslim cultures, growing a beard is a sign of morning, introspection and depression. ... in other muslim cultures it's a sign of being a selfcentered egoistical massmurderer... ...wait in some western cultures too :deranged: yay!

They've put up a few more scans on the Psychonauts site. I would be careful about reading the first paragraph on the second page of the CGW article though. I feel spoiled. :finger:

he uncovers this plot by this crazy madman to steal all the psychic brains of all the kids at camp and turn them into these weapons of mass destruction and take over the world.

That man needs a razor, and snappy.

Damn, I was hoping Thumbs could snag the first Beard Schafer interview.

When are you going to stop failing, my remo?

Also, what's teh deal with George Lucas, Jr. I hope he doesn't start making prequels... :mock:

You guys! Schafer at the DICE summit, with more new beard pics.

Schafer kept the audience chuckling by not mentioning Lucsarts by name. He used code words throughout the presentation. The company was run by a guy he called "Joe Lupis," who had this great movie property called... "Space Battles." He also had a special effects house called "Mechanical Fire and Voodoo."

:clap:

Schafer told the audience: "Sometimes you have to kill your ostriches... as they say."[/Quote]

I honestly could not stop laughing at that. I'm laughing typing this right now.

I'd love to have been able to watch it, even just Gamespy's paraphrased report is hysterical. Schafer always makes sense though, his views on creativity and originality always seem spot-on and well-reasoned, but he adds a delicious touch of chuckle-worthy wit.

He looks like a far angrier man in the DICE pics.
I think Ron Gilbert has been hanging around his office a little too much... osmosis, you know...

fingers crossed for Gilbert being a part of the next Doublefine adventure. :worship:
Mmmmnnnnyah—ahdunno...

I don't think he was saying he NEEDS him, just that he'd like to see the two collaborate again...

I don't think I'd like Ron and Tim to collaborate on a project. I don't know, I think they're perfectly capable of creating their own incredible games, without the other.

Dave Grossman is a really creative, funny guy. I'd like to see him at Double Fine. I don't know why, but this happened in a dream I had a few weeks ago, and it was awesome.

After having a long, uh, "talk" with Gilbert, and having talked to Tim quite a bit, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the two get together to work on a project, if it didn't keep either of them from doing their own stuff. They have different strengths as designers, but I think they share an overall goal of what a good game should be. To be sure, the biggest obstacle for the two of them working together would probably conflicts in terms of creative control, but that's why I'd rather see them collaborate on a side project rather than a Big Important Next Game.