Roderick

General World of Warcraft topic

I've something to say that might not need a whole new topic of its own but since I couldn't find another general WoW topic I thought I'd just make it and say my piece :oldman:

Should I be concerned about rumours that European World of Warcraft might not have any Roleplaying servers? Because I'm scared.

That had better be a rumour. Else I'll... I'll... um.

I haven't said much about WoW yet, but I think I can express most of it by saying that the only way to make it more addictive would be to package with some kind of device that allows it to interface with your bloodstream.

I haven't said much about WoW yet, but I think I can express most of it by saying that the only way to make it more addictive would be to package with some kind of device that allows it to interface with your bloodstream.

Or your penis.

Reassuring though the combination of Jake and Penises might be, I'd really rather have some confident answers to my question :gaming:

The only time I was on an RP server (yesterday) there was no RPing at all. Everyone was running (something my 24-hour-wow-playing buddy said you couldn't do) and people were talking about this magical heretic device called "the server".

Maybe someone just needs to set the proper example. Maybe you just ran into a bunch of losers, who knows? I just know that many gamers are willing to roleplay for real (which doesn't mean you have to be tooootally serious ALL the time, but just that you know the right balance between what's appropriate and what's not).

lets face it tho, role playig servers would just be filled with the most annoying people the internet has to offer

dude: i cant find the magical crystal of gorgafhyyhh can you help me?

dude 2: no sorry i dont speak elven

dude3: i do! eltharian elth esth lev seth

¬ ¬

But on the positive side, there will be no Optimus Prima in sight, requesting me to transform & roll out, or otherwise call me a homo or ruin my game or the suspension of disbelief. If the counterside is that I have to cope with the occassional freak or drudge through some overdone Shakespearian sentences, it's still well worth it.

the best idea is to type this:

/leave general

and then only go intothe eneral chat if you need something

otherwise you shall be blessed with good fortune ;)

ill post the server i and my chums will be playing on somewhere on thumbs so all may join me ;)

Spaff, if you happen to be in sargeras, you can join my guild, the Cardboard Tube Samurai.

EDIT: The offer goes out to everyone else as well.

haha nice guild name :)

im playing on the euro beta, so at the moment my server is caled 'beta server 4'

¬ ¬

hehe

Blizzard has stated that they're trying to figure out how to let Europeans and Americans who wish to play together to do so. I'm not sure how or when this will happen, but they've gone on record about it several time.

ill post the server i and my chums will be playing on somewhere on thumbs so all may join me ;)

Don't say chums you bummer

Aw man! I just found out that in all MMORPG betas, you lose the characters when the beta ends.... :frusty:

Crud, now I don't feel like playing anymore...

I might try out each character a bit to find out which I want, which I guess is everybody else is doing.... :shifty:

But since I'm pretty happy with my Undead Warlock, the only thing I might change is the race...

So they erase everything? All the friedns in my list, all guilds created, EVERYTHING? ;(

I guess they do this so when the newcomers arrive they won't be bullied by veterans, but that won't help much.... In only a week, the level difference will be huge...

Meh, I'm off to play I don't know... something else? It's not like I don't have anything else to play... :gaming:

I wouldn't mind that much, but I think it's a fair way to even things in the start. And I catch up pretty fast ;) Mind you, just because you're in the beta doesn't mean you get first dibs or anything. You were already lucky to begin with. Wouldn't be fair for the people who actually have to pay for the experience to be at an immediate disadvantage.

That said, I still have high hopes that there'll be an RP-server on februari 11th.

Since there are gamers who play it 24/7 and others that play it for just an hour a day the disadvantage is still there....

Oh well, I'm defintely going to be a Warlock, but I might not be an undead one...

What are you guys going to be? Part of the Alliance? Or the Horde?

Yeah see beta is a chance to try out every class and every race to see which appeals to you the most.

In the US open beta I played an undead mage (nothing else as the beta didn't last all that long) and in this beta I've played a dwarf hunter, a night elf rogue, a tauren warrior and various others but not as far.

In release I'm going for an undead rogue and I will probably have a night elf hunter as an alt character. These two classes are by far the most fun to play imo. Hunter is my favourite class I think but I want to go undead for release and unfortunately undead don't get hunters. But rogue is in close second and I think they're slightly better pvp so it's all good.

yeah I have to say I would like to see some more original stuff for WoW. Looking at the listings I get kinda tired of another game and the same classes. It would be great if each race had at least one special class. as it is I would probably go for a TAUREN DRUID... but it is kinda sobering to see the limited choices there are...

anybody know if there's gonna be new classes soon?

I'm going for the Undead Warlock. I know, pretty standard but I've set my mind on it. I'm especially looking forward to the hero-classes they're going to add later on. You can already somewhat predict which races and classes will get which indicators. Night elves will have demonhunters, orcs blademasters and Undead... liches :yep:

I also will be undead wrlock with an alt elf hunter and some other kind of rogue.

its good that you can swap races and keep class, not all races can be all classes so it evens out.

you wont be wanting or whining for more once you start playing... believe me :eek: