Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Smoking

lemme rephrase:

if you don't drink milk, you have reduced chance of developing cancer from smoking.

Okay, here's what I don't get though. Why do you continue to smoke? After a while, do you just stop spluttering and choking every time you inhale? Or what?

No of course not, I have it especially bad as I have to first drink two gallons of water and then puke it up again - or else I can't function as a normal human person...... :shifty: (yeah you stop spluttering and get to look really cool - saying stuff like, the moon reminds me of gibbering , darling)

@ jayel

Yes we get that - but what's the logic - I mean everybody can say crazy stuff - but please - WHY is it so (with milk etc)

I once 'smoked' half a tiny sigar when I was rather drunk at a newyears party but that's about how far I went smoking. The most annoying thing about smoking is the fact that everything starts to smell of smoke. it's so damn annoying, after a night out you have to pust your clothes in the washing machine cause the smell is so awfull. Damn why does everyone smoke in clubs/pubs/cafe's? It is the mayor downer when going out: the nasty nasty smell of third hand smoke.

If you consider that, I'd estimate, 95% of all smokers were coughing and splurting the first few times they had a cigarette (and thus generally not enjoying themselves), I think it's safe to say that 95% of all smokers smoke because it's an image thing. Which means they're very susceptible to trends and popularity, therefore weakwilled and without any taste of their own. But then again, I am fucking bitter when it comes to this topic. I always laugh though when I see exactly those people moaning their whole life, struggling with the love-hate relationship with their cigarette. Tough luck, suckers.

I think it's safe to say that 95% of all smokers smoke because it's an image thing.

Certainly it's an image thing when you start, for most people (assuming they start at the teen age or so) It was for me as well. But it would be stupid to say everybody keeps smoking to maintain some kind of an image. It's just plain addiction / habit beyond the teen years, usually. Quite a few people I know who were smokers quit smoking in their early twenties or so. I don't really know anyone who is over twenty and proud that they smoke and concider it a good addition to their image or something.

Yeah I know, I meant that they started smoking because it's an image thing. I'm well aware that almost all older smokers curse themselves that they ever started. Making the practice all the more pathetic of course.

There's a new kind of vaccination that had something to do with smoking... It was probably so that it made nicotine no longer harmful to the person.

I tried smoking cloves for a while in my early teens. Why the fuck I did that, I couldn't tell you. I was never addicted, mentally or physically. Time is money, and smoking meant I'd have to leave my computer for a few minutes, and that was unacceptable. :P

My then step-father smoked cuban cigars constantly, making the rest of us inhale what he claimed that he did not. Sometimes I still have trouble running moderate distances. That was all a long time ago, but I share the same "What the Fuck" sentiment. One of my biggest peeves is when I'm having a conversation with someone and they ask me to wait while they go outside and smoke one of their cancer-sticks, or beg me to join them.

@ jayel

Yes we get that - but what's the logic - I mean everybody can say crazy stuff - but please - WHY is it so (with milk etc)

sorry, should've explained further.

Cow's milk, especially the ones injected bovine growth hormones, contain large quantity of IGF-1 hormone which will feed cancer cells.

www.notmilk.com has a bunch of good articles.

You may think that this site is biased against dairy industry... and you would be right. if you want different links, you can google "milk" and "cancer".

I read a journal a few years ago about lung cancer rate amongst smokers who don't consume dairy products and non-smokers who consume dairy products, and the non-smokers' lung cancer rate was significantly higher. I can't find it on the web. Anyway, statistics don't prove anything, but it's an interesting read if you can find it.

I smoked for about six or seven years. I've been off it for five.

I LOVED smoking. I was a very heavy smoker (2.5 packs a day on a good day).

I loved smoking because:

- I loved the taste

- I loved the smell

- I loved the way the smoke felt when I twirled it around my mouth and blew it out...

I loved everything about smoking. Plus I looked badass when I did it.

...except for the coughing fits. Those I could have done without. That's ultimately why I stopped. Plus it completely destroyed my voice.

When I quit, it cost about $5 a pack. Now it's up to $7.50 - $8 a pack in NYC. I couldn't afford to smoke even if I wanted to.

sorry, should've explained further.

Cow's milk, especially the ones injected bovine growth hormones, contain large quantity of IGF-1 hormone which will feed cancer cells.

See that's why I drink ecological milk.....

I've never smoked a fag, but I have tried out a cigar. It was about as pleasant as scratching the top layer of skin off of my face with a razor, splashing vinegar all over it, and then launching my entire head into a bucket of boiling hot fat.

I've never smoked a fag, but I have tried out a cigar. It was about as pleasant as scratching the top layer of skin off of my face with a razor, splashing vinegar all over it, and then launching my entire head into a bucket of boiling hot fat.

You're not supposed to inhale them you know :shifty:

--Erwin

Mmm...boiling hot fat.

See that's why I drink ecological milk.....

Do you mean organic?

I just drink soy.. it tastes fucking terrible at first, then it gets to where it tastes regular terrible and it's tolerable for when I need it.

I think I tried soy in my tea once. Never again. My poor tea was defiled!

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take the cancer risk for my love of tea and maybe even more so coffee.

For some reason I don't drink milk at home. I usually drink tea (with milk) or juice. But I started drinking milk at lunch when at work.

Do you mean organic?

I just drink soy.. it tastes fucking terrible at first, then it gets to where it tastes regular terrible and it's tolerable for when I need it.

yeah that's the wossname - my mistake - in denmark it's 'ecological'...

And soya-beans is to health what it is to thought to stick your brain into a bucket of radioactive goo... it's bad proteins I tell you - baaad....

:oldman: