Chris

Majesco interview

It looks like Majesco is pretty much on its way to being my favorite publisher, a position that has been vacant since Ubisoft seems to be losing its awesomeness, thanks to Psychonauts and their agreement with Planet Moon. Anyway, here's an interview with some Majesco guys done by GameSpot. It's not really a great interview, but there are a few interesting things in there. I really like that Planet Moon's Infected will actually be able to infect other nearby PSPs. I don't know how that'll work yet, but it sounds great to me.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/20/news_6116705.html

It will enable compatibility with the ApeXTreme game console.

Let the good times roll.

But Infected's virus gimmick is basically a high-score sharing thing, it's pretty lame.

yeah, i read the interview a couple of hours ago, not a great interview, but i liked the responses!

although, that is typical publisher talk. while it seems that majesco are gonna be pretty awesome, the proof is in the pudding, and currently, i see no pudding ( err, or something :) )

SiN

Well, I mean in terms of their attitude towards developers and stuff. I don't really give a shit about a publisher's overall library since I don't think there ever has been or ever will be one that is good across the board. Majesco seems to be on the right track though with decisions like aligning themselves with developers like Double Fine and Planet Moon, and it seems like they're pretty flexible. They're definitely not trying to buy anyone out or anything like that.

Looks like EA is trying to buy out Majesco now too! Bastards! :bomb:

Eeew! Not cool! The link fowards you to that rate my poo site! :shifty:

Brilliant. I'm at work. :shifty:

Fortunately I managed to distract everyone with a birthday cake and so no one saw it when I opened that link.

I think we can safely say that our mission to de-innocentize Moos is a big succes. Maybe even a bit too succesfull?