Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Seen any good movies lately?

I really don't care what the motivations of the director were, it's still a good movie. There's no need to revert to cold war paranoia and reach for your gun every time something is linked to communism. Sheesh.

Finally watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind the other night. Confusing at first but pretty good, and I like meloncholy films.

Yeah a friend of mine is a huge fan of Kieslowski and has been berating me for not having seen it yet, but I find it quite hard to get a hold of... but I shall succeed eventually

Saw Man Bites Dog on Wesnesday and it raped my mind. Holy shit. That movie is fucking brilliant but also ... shit. Shit.

I felt sick and couldn't sleep all night. Then it continued to haunt me for two days. It just fucked me up. I've never had such a physical and mental reaction to a film. I'm sure it's partly the mindset I had when I went into it, but really the film is seriously fucked up no matter from what angle you approach it. It's a slice of genius, but one I'm not going to watch again, unless maybe if I'm really really really high.

I'll have to watch that sometime then, sounds good.

On the plane I saw...

Ocean's 12 - Poor film, not very good in my opinion. Wasn't impressed.

Meet the Fockers - Pretty funny at parts, not a bad film but nothing to go mad about.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - I actually liked this film quite alot, Carrey was good and it's probably my favourite out of the films I saw on the flight.

Magic Roundabout - Christ, I mean... awwww. You bastards. Dylan was probably the best character and even he was pretty rubbish. The film just didn't have any of the same feel as the series and they could have done it alot better so easily.

Saw Man Bites Dog on Wesnesday and it raped my mind. Holy shit. That movie is fucking brilliant but also ... shit. Shit.

I felt sick and couldn't sleep all night. Then it continued to haunt me for two days. It just fucked me up. I've never had such a physical and mental reaction to a film. I'm sure it's partly the mindset I had when I went into it, but really the film is seriously fucked up no matter from what angle you approach it. It's a slice of genius, but one I'm not going to watch again, unless maybe if I'm really really really high.

I agree with all of the above - my brother introduced me to this film a couple of years ago and my reaction was pretty much the same as yours.

He actually told me before we watched it how disturbing it was, but nothing could have prepared me for the feelings I experienced when I watched the whole film!!

Crazy, fucked up and disturbing are the only words I can think of to desscribe it :barf:

Same here. I don't suppose you caught those "fake" Freelancer 2 pics posted on April 1st?

Nope. If I had I would have been extremely happy, then feeling extremely sorry for myself. ;)

Crazy, fucked up and disturbing are the only words I can think of to desscribe it :barf:

Really? I thought it was just funny as hell! Totally over-the-top-crazy-insane-silly that scene with the old lady is soooooo macabre! :clap:

I'll have to watch that sometime then, sounds good.
Watch it with friends and beers, not alone. That way you might get the same response that lailoken had...

well I guess it depends on wether or not you take it seriously, which I just couldn't... it's just so ridiculously over the top... really nice touch with the black and white...

EDIT: and of course it's in french which makes it totally rad!

Don't see xXx2.

Somehow Vin Desal became Ice Cube. :nuts:

I saw the first pics from the new Superman movie.

I'm kinda torn on that one, as I was hoping to see the Kevin Smith version, but that didn't happen because for a while Tim Burton was working on the project, and said he was bringing in his own writer.

Kevin Smith could have made it good.

I just finished my Vin Diesel marathon.

I started with Pitch Black and just minutes go ended the marathon with xXx. Now I've gone through all his movies. They sure are entertaining, but IMO Pitch Black was clearly the best movie.

And about Superman Returns, the movie will be great in Singer's hands.

I've read stuff about the Kevin Smith era Superman movie, and it was pure shit. Thank god that he didn't get to really make it. Also the Burton era Superman was pure shit.

I just finished my Vin Diesel marathon.

I started with Pitch Black and just minutes go ended the marathon with xXx.

Does that mean you watched The Iron Giant too?

Ok anyone got new movie recommendations? I'm all outta movies.

I'm sure that quite possibly everyone here has seen it, but this movie cannot be pimped enough. Everyone needs to see The Boondock Saints.

In number of viewings, Boondock Saints comes in a healthy third on my list after Clash of the Titans and The Shawshank Redemption. But those two need not my pimping.

Does that mean you watched The Iron Giant too?

I didn't actually watch it right now, but I've seen it couple of times. Last time was in september/october 2004.

(But I did watch Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, Boiler Room, Knockaround Guys, A Man Apart and xXx)

Hey, now I just finished watching a classic western starring Gary Cooper. The movie is called High Noon. Has anyone else seen it?

It has an interesting plot, everything is happening in "realtime", the movie is 1h 30min long and it tells us what happened one day in a small american town during 10.45-12.15

Cooper plays the Marshal in the movie.

I'm sure that quite possibly everyone here has seen it, but this movie cannot be pimped enough. Everyone needs to see The Boondock Saints.

In number of viewings, Boondock Saints comes in a healthy third on my list after Clash of the Titans and The Shawshank Redemption. But those two need not my pimping.

Yes, the Boondock Saints is also one my favourite movies. It just gives me a warm feeling inside, it really does. That and an urge to shoot things.

Hook was on TV over easter, that's a good film. So was The Dark Crystal I think, now that IS a good one.

Yes, the Boondock Saints is also one my favourite movies. It just gives me a warm feeling inside, it really does. That and an urge to shoot things.

Shoot things, while in drag? :?

This weekend, I saw:

(the new) Zatoichi -- it was OK. The pacing and structure of the plotline was... odd. I didn't like that much.

Sideways -- it was a good movie. Quite good. But not as deserving of the Oscar hype that it had going.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind -- I saw this before, and it's still great. It seems slightly less great on second viewing, but still damned good. This deserved more Oscar attention than Sideways had. At least Kauffman won the freaking screenplay award... finally.

Boondock Saints is so awesome. Willem Dafoe in drag! How can any sane man resist? :P But honestly, it's great. Didn't get too much attention though. Even though it starred YOUNG INDIANA JONES~!~.