General Fuzzy McBitty

Crap... little help please? FF7 on ps2

Maybe because my mem cart is formatted for ps2?

Yep, that would be the problem, PSOne games can't regocnize PS2 formatted cards...

I don't know if that specific card you have can be formatted to PSOne format, but one thing is sure, you can't have PS2 saves and PSOne saves on the same card, so you are going to need a memory card for your PS2 games, and another ones for your PSOne games...

Ok.... I'm being dumb. :nuts:

Do I buy a ps1 card and stick it in the slot, or do I buy a ps2 card and format it for ps1 somehow?

TELL ME WHAT TO BUY!!!!!

GAAAAAAAH :eek:

(I've never played FF7 and I love RPGs.... so you can see why I'm freaking out.)

Ok.... I'm being dumb. :nuts:

Do I buy a ps1 card and stick it in the slot, or do I buy a ps2 card and format it for ps1 somehow?

Buy a PS1 card and pop it in.

And enjoy. FF7 rocks.

It does pick up a bit after you take get led back to the bar by the flower girl, right? So far I'm bored.

Keep in mind I played to the first save point 2 times without being able to save. One not knowing I needed a PS1 card, and one not knowing that the used one I got was full.

It gets better, right?

I know there are some people that love this game, but I found it really boring and unoriginal. The deep characters aren't so deep, they're just cliched Japanese anime characters. Aeris' death isn't so sad, it's actually kind of lame, if not totally unwarranted. I didn't even really know her. I just remember thinking, "thank god it wasn't Yuffie or one of Tifa's breasts."

The whole game has a kind of depressing air about it. There were a few highlights; I really liked seeing

Tifa looking after Cloud when he was in the wheelchair, completely crazy

because it opened up an area of character relationships that we rarely see in games. Usually it's all just sugar and candy and buttercups. But other than that, it was just a mediocre game. I especially hated

that part with the motherfucking stairs, hundreds and hundreds of stairs, and random battles. I was going to commit suicide.

because it was totally lame and frustrating and NOT fun.

I liked

the bitch slapping fight

because it was hilarious.

That's pretty much it. As I said, I didn't find it too fascinating. But I know a lot of other people did and I respect that. Because if I don't say that they'll start getting bitchy on my ass and start hammering me with FF7 crap, telling me I'm wrong and that the characters are incredibly deep and blah blah blah and all this other shit you and I know probably isn't true, but there you have it.

yeah i thought it was kinda of a letdown in terms when you consider final fantasy 6 which to me is the greatest of them all. obviously that's just me and i have to admit that i always had a problem with the series... even though i consider myself a fan. after they introduced the whole cg sequences thing on the playstation i got kinda bored with the series. don't have the time anymore to be honest. :chaste:

;( The flower girl dies?! Say it ain't so!

I know there are some people that love this game, but I found it really boring and unoriginal. The deep characters aren't so deep, they're just cliched Japanese anime characters. Aeris' death isn't so sad, it's actually kind of lame, if not totally unwarranted. I didn't even really know her. I just remember thinking, "thank god it wasn't Yuffie or one of Tifa's breasts."

The whole game has a kind of depressing air about it. There were a few highlights; I really liked seeing

Tifa looking after Cloud when he was in the wheelchair, completely crazy

because it opened up an area of character relationships that we rarely see in games. Usually it's all just sugar and candy and buttercups. But other than that, it was just a mediocre game. I especially hated

that part with the motherfucking stairs, hundreds and hundreds of stairs, and random battles. I was going to commit suicide.

because it was totally lame and frustrating and NOT fun.

I liked

the bitch slapping fight

because it was hilarious.

That's pretty much it. As I said, I didn't find it too fascinating. But I know a lot of other people did and I respect that. Because if I don't say that they'll start getting bitchy on my ass and start hammering me with FF7 crap, telling me I'm wrong and that the characters are incredibly deep and blah blah blah and all this other shit you and I know probably isn't true, but there you have it.

No she doesn't. I was joking. And I love FF7 really. I find it to be dreamy. Not kidding. You should play it the whole way through right now and find out how wrong I am.

10 is ridiculous, the voices in particular. I once liked 7, but then I got better. I never liked eight, and I am fond of some of the visual aspects of nine.... and I don't think I've played any of the other games from the series...

I've always been a fan of RPGs with HUMOR in them. FF7 doesn't seem to have that.

Since the console RPG is so repetitive, I need to be able to laugh. I miss Lunar, and may have to order it.

Basically FF7 has so far (Just walking back to the bar after crashing into the church.) consisted of frustration, because the random little battles that come up for no reason are stopping me from advancing the plotline.

I mostly end up saying, "Why am I doing this when I could be rolling over a city?"

Not to mention that the graphics on the commercials were better.

Should I hang on and play it through?

Is there a funny RPG with small people with big heads?

Why the crap am I posting? :erm:

Tune in later this week.

Wow, Kingz, don't even get me started on the voices in 10. Stilted bitch couldn't even get a setence out straight, and Tidus sounded like somebodys Dad. Man, and Yuna... didn't she just sound so sweet and innocent? NO. I'll snop the fucking face off her!!!

I hate Final Fantasy, I hate it. What a retarded series of games. 6 on the SNES was pretty good, it was very atmospheric and had a good (good by Japanese RPG standards) story in comparison to a lot of stuff that was floating around on the SNES those days.

If you don't like 7 much, try 8. It's full of slapstick humour, angsty teens and INCREDIBLE plot twists. You will never see half that shit coming, I swear to god. For instance (spoilers below):

"Whoa, shit, you're my mother's ex-boyfriends daughter!?"

"Whoa, shit, you can read minds?!"

"Whoa, shit, we're all brothers and sisters and we must have forgotten!?"

"Whoa, shit, the bad guy and President is our aunt, and we forgot?!"

"Whoa, shit, Rinoa is dead, we can save her by taking her into space?!"

"Whoa, shit, Rinoa is floating around in space!"

"Whoa, shit, so is Squall!"

"Whoa, shit, who the fuck is Adel?!"

"Whoa, shit, WTF?"

"Whoa, shit, who the fuck is Ultimecia?!"

"Whoa, shit, what the hell just happened?!"

As you can see, I wasn't being sarcastic.

Final Fantasy 7 is a game I love to hate. Really. Should I post a non-commissioned but interesting short article I wrote on the forums which details in intricate fashion my latest grudge with it? May I? May I? I SHALL!

Also:

"thank god it wasn't Yuffie or one of Tifa's breasts."

Truest thing I heard all day! I would've cried like a baby if it had been Tifa's breast!! ;(

just fyi, if your PSone memory card gets full, you can copy its files onto the PS2's card.

FF7 is fucking fantastic unlike some awfully critical, misguided fools would have you believe. it isn't "funny", as Japanese RPGs aren't unless the translators add fart jokes (which is say, Lunar) so enjoy what matters: the plot. I honestly don't see how anyone couldn't find the fall of cloud a compelling concept, but what do I know? i'm just a psych freak. :innocent:

the translation makes it a bit overpretentious, i guess. but if you're intelligent enough to look past that niggle, it's fantastic.

but to be fair, it isn't my favorite final fantasy, even though it's the only one i've played through several times. ff6, 8 and 10 are all dead-locked for me.

A good story/concept doesn't make a fantastic game. It even serves to complicate making it truly captivating, as the bigger the story, the better you have to be at telling it.

The only thing that I really liked about the amazing captivating story behind FFVII was the whole

Cloud is not the 1337 soldier he thought and clamed he was

part. And also Yuffie. Loved that tw@ even though she was a fairly straightforward archetype found commonly in Japanese RPGs.

SHUT UP I HATE YOU GUYS

i guess i should clarify that the story, not humor, is what keeps me captivated in an rpg. i just took issue with 'humor' being a big important thing. if you don't like the gameplay, fine.

i loved the whole materia thing and every character in FF7, especially Cid and Barret. I actually found them quite amusing, actually, albeit not for real comedy reasons.

Even if it was unintentional due to crap translation, I really liked piecing together what I could about cloud and seph's whole history. you can find words to stupify it through simplification, as i'm sure you will, but it really deserves better than that.

like i said, it's not my favorite final fantasy. the story isn't even that compelling compared to the other games. i do, however, find it the most fun and entertaining for whatever reason.

also FF7 is the only RPG i've ever played where the bonus quests didn't actually feel like a waste of time, Weapons aside. i like that.

First, on the subject of materia, that was the worst thing to ever happen in a game ever. Materia homogenizes the entire game, making every charecter play in EXACTLY THE SAME MANNER. There is no need to change your party ever, because they are all the same generic character. The gameplay is crap. There is nothing strategic nor in any way deep about it. And it is simply bad design when you have to spend time running around in circles to level up because you are stuck. As far as the plot goes, stereotypical japanese archetypes in a stereotypical battle. I do not see how anyone was interested in Areis, although her death scene was pretty funny.

And the worst thing about this game is the stupid bonus shit you have to do to get anything worth getting. You want Cloud's last limit? Hope you like chocobo racing, because you are going to have to do it for EIGHT SOLID YEARS. You want the last summon? Well, enjoy the fucked up "Make chocobos have sex for a really long" minigame. Jesus fuck, just thinking about this game makes me angry.

SHUT UP I HATE YOU GUYS

i guess i should clarify that the story, not humor, is what keeps me captivated in an rpg. i just took issue with 'humor' being a big important thing. if you don't like the gameplay, fine.

i loved the whole materia thing and every character in FF7, especially Cid and Barret. I actually found them quite amusing, actually, albeit not for real comedy reasons.

Even if it was unintentional due to crap translation, I really liked piecing together what I could about cloud and seph's whole history. you can find words to stupify it through simplification, as i'm sure you will, but it really deserves better than that.

like i said, it's not my favorite final fantasy. the story isn't even that compelling compared to the other games. i do, however, find it the most fun and entertaining for whatever reason.

also FF7 is the only RPG i've ever played where the bonus quests didn't actually feel like a waste of time, Weapons aside. i like that.

Hate me all you like buddy, I still think humor is a big thing.

Not all of Lunars humor was fart jokes. Some of it was, but alot of it was good stuff. Like the Clinton joke in Lunar 2.

No humour in FF7? What about Cloud having to dress as a woman to get into honeybee inn? Or the confrontation with.. erm the fat bloke in Wutai (just before he drops you through a trapdoor, can't remember the exact details, it's been over 7 years since i last finished it).

I'm sure some of the humour was lost in the dodgy translation, but even with that I'm surprised to hear anybody finding a lack of comedy.

Play it until you get out of Midgar and reach Nibelheim, get through the lengthy cutscene about Sephiroth and if the plot hasn't grabbed you then give up and kill yourself.