Jake

Psychonauts box art

Might as well clone my post from elsewhere:

psycho4.jpg

Found by a Mojo reader on Majesco.com's Psychonauts site. Probably a work in progress. Probably awesome.

I like the color scheme and how Tim's name is prominent, and that Raz looks awesome.

I don't like the way the Psychonauts logo text looks, and I think it's a bit too high up in the design. Makes it look awkward.

Is awesome though, as I may have said before.

I agree with you about the text, but apart from that it really is awesome. It's also really great seeing the Double Fine logo down there.

Man, I hope this means that Psychonauts is a lot closer to finished than I thought it was.

This just in: the Double Fine Action News has been updated!

This is it! The words you are reading right now! That's the update!

Okay, it may not be a big deal to you, but it's a big deal to me since we are super busy here right now, putting the FINAL TOUCHES on the Excellent Game Psychonauts, and I never have time to update this page.

So maybe they are close.

I see no explosions.

Weren't we promised 2?

Speaking of almost finishing the game, shouldn't we be receiving a tentative (but specific) release date soon? I'm tired of hearing first half of 2005.

I think the off centerness will look better with the branding on, moveing the logo down.

Er no. Note that it links to majesco.com. Also notice that the art looks quite a lot like Double Fine Action Comics. Tis real.

I don't think the text is too high, actually. It's located on an uninteresting part of the background. I don't really like the 'rating' and 'pc-cd' labels, though. A necessary evil, I guess...

And it's great to see a game developers name on a cover again. That's really giving me this early 90's feeling, hehe.

--Erwin

That is immensely cool. The only thing that bothers me is the whole floaty bit above the background (Raz + the title) isn't really vertically centred between the top of the box and the crap at the bottom nicely.

The box screams "I'm cool" though, with Raz looking all evil, which might help it sell even better!

I love the box art. Okay, no explosions, but it's nifty nonetheless. It has a wonderful swirliness, and reminds me a little of the Grim Fandango unfolded CD case / save game screen, just in the mingling of different locations and characters of the game in a kind of mish-mash of stylish iconography.

What with the Action News updates and this, Psychonauts seems pretty close to being unleashed. I'm super-excited about finally getting to play it, and also wondering what Double Fine will do next.

psychonauts - hurray!!! :clap::woohoo::clap::woohoo:

but where are the half naked girls? :chaste:(as seen on all the other games)

no. seriously: i love this box art! :)

I want a desktop sized version of that boxart :/ My shaun of the dead desktop is getting a bit old...

it looks absolutely awesome!

and on a related note, having read todays action news, it seems schafer will be updating the news daily! :) :)

SiN

On a slightly thread-off-topicky note, a couple of the character designs from The Incredibles reminded me very much of Psychonauts, particularly the thin, evil white-haired chick (can't think of her name).

On a more on topic note... If they keep that colour scheme, it's going to stand out so much from all the other games on the shelf at work. I know this sounds sort of dumb, but they all have darker colour schemes, blues and greys, or very cartoonish colours, depending on which section. With that style and color scheme, it's gonna draw attention to itself just sitting there.

Plus it sports some proven eye-catching colours; red and yellow are proven to catch the eye before any other colour. I can't remember which comes first, I think it's yellow? So the casual browser will be drawn to the logo, then travel upwards across Raz, and then probably examine the small detail on the box, at which stage they'll have picked up the box, and then feel too attached to it to put it down again. Theoretically speaking.

It is a very cleverly designed box indeed. In theory.

Plus it sports some proven eye-catching colours; red and yellow are proven to catch the eye before any other colour. I can't remember which comes first, I think it's yellow?

its red.

SiN