toblix

Don't you just HATE breakout games?

He certainly sounds like one :shifty:

And also, thank you for demonstrating that the uses of the innocent smiley are manifold, which was why I complained about it's over-use as a purely sexual one a week or so ago in some random thread (which I sincerely hope did not contribute to the recent fiasco).

But I digress. Has anyone downloaded this yet? Is it fun? I played a lovely little shareware shoot 'em up on my PC recently called Starscape (no, it just sounds like several Sci-Fi series... it's not connected to any of them). It starts off like asteroids, but you travel around from zone to zone mining and shooting aliens too, but eventually research bigger ship hulls and absolutely tons of bigger weapons of different types: smart bombs, missiles, charge up guns, etc. You can even design your own ships by fitting in the engines, cargo bays, tractor beams, recharging shields, and so on. It was such refreshingly basic, blasting fun after so many years of sophisicated PC games that I just impulse bought the rest of it as played it non-stop for 2 whole days :)

This game is amazing. It's probably the most polished indie game I've ever played. The music is great, the graphics, the physics, everything. It's really just like any other Breakout clone, only with sweet graphics and even sweeter physics, and all the levels (all hundred) are really varied, with their own graphics and sounds and stuff.

And if I were an adbot, would I say this?

Penis!

He's right, it looks great, best one I ever saw (urm, that's of a total of three, I think), but not considering the music. Thats total rubbish.

I played a breakout game maybe 4 years ago; it was shareware and came on a PC Gamer UK CD, and it had the best music ever. It also had lovely little 2D particle effects, which were also used to do a great fireworks-laden credits screen when you finished.

I wish I'd kept copies of those mod files, they were awesome.

Whoa! This IS the best breakout I've played in ages, and I've played lots of them....

Is MBall Magic Ball?

Mball is the legendary Megaball.

Yes, that's it! Great times had by all... In fact, I don't think I got near my miggy for a couple of weeks thanks to my dad being absoutely hooked on that game.