Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

The Sims and Girls

it's comparable to movies: guys generally go for action, girls for romance-boring-talk-talk-talk-movie-crap

so...in games: guys: acccctionnnnnn, girls: adventures, rpgs ;)

Rubbish.

There are differences between industrial and non-industrial countries, but there are so many differences, too: different food eaten, different activity level, environmental exposure to noxious chemicals, even different clothing (as I'm sure you know, constricting clothing can cause problems).
I think there were more noxious chemicals in the 1800s than these days, especially in the atmosphere. Could be wrong, though.

So, Moosferatu isn't competetive because he's been poisoned?! Do you think those girls that are competitive are... hermaphrodites? Or is it just the chemicals again?

Um, no. The research FGM brought forth is not the absolute, it's merely a generalized summary. There are variables all over, but those conclusions are basically more or less true in gender differences. After all, we are still evolving across the board.

I think there were more noxious chemicals in the 1800s than these days, especially in the atmosphere. Could be wrong, though.

So, Moosferatu isn't competetive because he's been poisoned?! Do you think those girls that are competitive are... hermaphrodites? Or is it just the chemicals again?

No, actually, there are more noxious chemicals in use now. Even the fertilizers seem to break down to estrogen-like compounds in the soil, and there have been many changes noted in small animals like frogs, and in fish that are in fresh water lakes. This stuff gets into the water supplies, and can affect people, though the estrogen-like compounds affect mostly men (and post-menopausal women). Since none have been shown to be androgens, there couldn't be any effect toward masculinization of women (ie - hermaphroditism). And BTW, how could I know if Moos or any other one of you is affected by this? But perhaps you were just being sarcastic? I didn't make the connection between adv loving male vs. the action loving male, and poisoning by environmental chemicals. That would be a huge leap of faith at this point.

I once saw an article, years ago, that said if you took the most feminine of men and compared him to the most masculine of men, there would be a much greater difference than if you took an average man and an average woman and compared them. Meaning, I guess that since we all have both masculine and feminine traits, that there is a great deal of overlapping in the tendencies.

FGM

So does that mean Richard is an 'overlap'? After all, he's very masculine, has a nice hard bod from all his kayaking, cycling, swimming, benchpressing and being a fitness instructor, but is also the softest pussycat and loves to cook and cuddle. Or am I just one lucky son of a bitch? :grin: